Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Wow! That's huge. Who makes that? Nice job on the hose.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I Have 2 Hoses That Size..1 Droped Down Front Fender In Front Of Battery..You Cant See That One..The Other 1 Is The Blue One Which Drops Behind The Headlight..It Also Picks Air From The Front Behing Grill...I Havent Seen ManyVolants On The xb....

·
Registered
322 Posts
Did you notice a difference, I almost went w/this, but it seem to not have much info on any gains?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I Am Very Happy With It....Unit Is Quicker...A Friend of mine Who Has A Stick With Header And Different Intake Drove Mine He Was Very impressed...Btw Mine Is A Auto

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
What kind of filter does it use? Pics with cover removed?
From what i understand Volant is a very well designed system, congrads on results!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cone Type..Like A lot of The Other intakes..Give Me A Couple Days And I will Get Pics....I Feel The System Is Well Designed.As The Filter Is Housed And All Of the Hoses Get Plenty Of Air to It Plastic Less Heat Transfer... Just My Opinion

·
Registered
296 Posts
Ive heard good things about Volant! I didnt know they made an intake for an XB! Looks good and you have something that most people probably dont have which is a plus! Its nice to see a diffrent modification every now and again!

·
Registered
322 Posts
redfins said:
Cone Type..Like A lot of The Other intakes..Give Me A Couple Days And I will Get Pics....I Feel The System Is Well Designed.As The Filter Is Housed And All Of the Hoses Get Plenty Of Air to It Plastic Less Heat Transfer... Just My Opinion
I'm not sure how much heat transfer there is. I drive about 45 miles uphill thru a canyon and my intake is still cool to the touch when I get home. I'm glad it works though, I liked their ram air idea.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
the plastic is more resistant to heat transfer but the filter sits inside a box inches away from the top of the transmission. a super hot auto one at that.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Their design is not much different than the stock one. The stock one might even get cooler air than that one. The major differences are in the intake filter design. I hope you didnt pay over $100 for that.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
surfcitylocal said:
Wow! That's huge.
I bet you don't hear that often...:D

My work computer screen sucks...i can't really see it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.