Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Scion Xb
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I'm George, I'm 23 and not exactly car smart. I bought my 2010 Scion off Facebook marketplace used, and the man who sold it to me threw in a free set of Winjet Foglights, so me and my dad installed them and plugged the bulbs into the factory harness (we didnt use the one included with the kit) and we went to go plug the button we got with the kit into the fog light switch and the button that came with the winjet kit didnt fit the factory harness. Doesnt make sense to me, cuz the lights fit fine, but not the button? Ok. Any help would be appreciated, I also need some help with this weird back up camera that was already on the car when I got it. Its hooked to my rear view mirror and looks like it goes up through the upholstery on the roof and feeds to the camera in the back, but I want to remove it and get a camera that will work with my bluetooth radio I have installed in, so I can have a regular rear view. Any tips or help would be greatly appreciated- George

·
Registered
2006 XB
8 Posts
Can I suggest that you post a picture of the switch so we have a reference to what youre working with because you might be able to just splice the connector. I bought the same. Winjet fog lights and my switch plugged right in. I also have a similar setup for a backup/dash cam. Most people just run the wires up to the headliner and back tucking it into the edge all the way back to the hatch. You should be able to take it out relative easy. Do you know what kind of plug your head unit has for the backup camera? Is it the same as the one already on there? You might be able to use that same camera already mounted.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts