Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Jvc Kd-avx1 Dvd 3"tft

I got me a new JVC KD-AVX1
DVD player, etc.
3" TFT Screen.

Got it and a Dash kit & Harness on Ebay $485.
Really fast shipping Ended up missing delivery the first attempt which was the night after I bought it. Ended up paying sales tax, screwed up and bought one in-state. But I got it the next day. Dash kit came the next day, which was a suprise.

Installed in about 1.5hrs

The damn remote has 35 buttons.
 

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Description: JVC redefines premium with the KD-AVX1 single DIN DVD/CD/MP3 receiver with built-in 3” full-color TFT monitor. The display, built in to the motorized faceplate, lets users watch television or DVD movies, display JPEG pictures, or monitor a rear view camera. A sleek, intuitive interface replaces the usual array of buttons with two discrete cross-key pads that control the functionality of the entire unit. The KD-AVX1 boasts an easy-to-use GUI (graphical user interface) menu that is displayed on the monitor. The advanced menu interface allows for fast navigation through tracks and folders when using JVC’s GIGA MP3 technology to play MP3 and WMA files on a DVD-R or DVD-RW. Power output is a healthy 50W x 4 (max), courtesy of the MOSFET power amp. There’s also a gold-plated subwoofer output, gold-plated line outputs, and video output for playback of DVD on additional screens. Two A/V inputs with dual zone control allow two separate sources to be enjoyed simultaneously. Expand your mobile theatre with an optional CD/MP3 changer, SIRIUS satellite tuner, or TV tuner. Optical digital output, 96 kHz/24-bit DAC, and digital 7-band iEQ complete this audiophile’s dream machine. A full-function wireless remote is included.
 

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
Joined
·
3,841 Posts
Wow, that's pretty nice!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,638 Posts
That is sweet! I want one, too...good thing I'm working again...woohoo! I love stuff like that, great job!
 

·
Egistered Ruser
Joined
·
1,227 Posts
wow, I like that actually. How's the picture when it's that small? Has a Sirius reciever too,... damn too many things
 

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dew said:
wow, I like that actually. How's the picture when it's that small? Has a Sirius reciever too,... damn too many things

I would have to say it is just about equal to the PSP. It's like a little plasma screen. My son just sits in the center back seat and watches away.

The picture is great, the size really doesn't hurt. Really easy to see.
Sounds great...
 

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the pictures above are of " Dude Where's MY Car " and is widescreen.
So a regular screen DVD is alot better, Toy Story is what has been playing and the Sound through the system and the picture is awsome.

I have one 12" Premeir pancake sub under the passenger seat w/ 850w. It's like your in a movie theater. Gives a good rumble w/ a good action sequence.
 

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
Joined
·
635 Posts
Rear view camera? Does it come with the camera as well?

I like. Gonna search out one once I've read the forums.
 

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Gcat007 said:
Rear view camera? Does it come with the camera as well?

I like. Gonna search out one once I've read the forums.

Doesn't come with camera, but easy to hook one up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
147 Posts
Looks good! "Dude Where's MY Car" is great movie to test it out. I am saving up to put a screen in my dash. I would recommend getting a camera not to expensive and handy in some situations. My buddy just put one on his BCP xB in the license plate can't even see the camera but its nice for backing up so you don't curb check anything with your exhaust.
 

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
teyem9 said:
Looks good! "Dude Where's MY Car" is great movie to test it out. I am saving up to put a screen in my dash. I would recommend getting a camera not to expensive and handy in some situations. My buddy just put one on his BCP xB in the license plate can't even see the camera but its nice for backing up so you don't curb check anything with your exhaust.
I will be getting one as soon as I get caught up on bills.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
454 Posts
I almost got the same HU, I ended up with the Alpine 9855. But it was in my top three list. I figure whatever keeps a smile on the face right? Looks good, very good.:)
 

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
dtrain619 said:
Gotta love it. Mods are the only reason to go to work! :D :D :D
And you gotta have the internet!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
144 Posts
I just pulled that JVC unit out of my XB and installed the Kenwood DDX 8017
the JVC unit is great for the price (especialy because it plays VCDs and Pal formats), I just wanted the bigger screen and to be able to add navigation. the only problem that I had with the JVC is on DVD movies you have to use the remote to get the movie to play, other than that the unit is awesome (as long as you have good eyesight :)
I guess they have gone up in price though, I bought mine on E-bay for $300 and I'm selling mine to my friend for only $200. Hmm, maybe I should charge him a little more :p
 

·
TheOtherGuys
Joined
·
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
DJ Unknown said:
the only problem that I had with the JVC is on DVD movies you have to use the remote to get the movie to play,
The "OK" button is the "play" button
The "BACK" button is the "Stop" button.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
DJ Unknown said:
I just pulled that JVC unit out of my XB and installed the Kenwood DDX 8017
the JVC unit is great for the price (especialy because it plays VCDs and Pal formats), I just wanted the bigger screen and to be able to add navigation. the only problem that I had with the JVC is on DVD movies you have to use the remote to get the movie to play, other than that the unit is awesome (as long as you have good eyesight :)
I guess they have gone up in price though, I bought mine on E-bay for $300 and I'm selling mine to my friend for only $200. Hmm, maybe I should charge him a little more :p

ill buy it for $300!
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top