Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys I got a new grill which was not as good as I thought it would be...I got it from ebay from Motor Energy which I now suggest you stay away from. Anyway, headon, the grill looks fine.

But, if you look closely the curvature of the grill is not right, it's not curved enough, and it is not flush with the headlights. I'll have to settle with this for now since I want more cooling airflow into the intake and onto the turbo housing too. Also, it's only mounted on the two top mounts, I had to use my own bolts because the screws that came with it were apparently to mount it on the bottom part of the grill which I found nothing to mount with. It seems to be fastened firmly enough though and should serve my purposes until I can get a better one later on.

OR am I just being anal?? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
It's the little things that bug me too. If you don't point it out to people I don't think too many will notice, especialy those who don't own a Box. I personally think it looks like a nice grill overall.

Have you called them to see if they all fit that way and maybe you just got a bad one?

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Nope not anal. I wouldn't be happy either.

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
I agree with squirrel, I don't think you're being anal at all. I would be pissed as well, especially for the money you probably spent on it

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
thats the one prob w/ ebay. You don't actualy see the product. It looks like its bent a wee bit near the headlight too.:mad: I would wreck a few heads, but even if you leave neg feed back, they just try to bash you instead of fixing the prob. I'D BE PISSED!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Yea I noticed one of the bars was slightly bent too, it sure doesn't seem like high quality stuff...and you can bet I won't leave a positive feedback for them either.

I did try to contact them but haven't gotten any response yet. I'll save my feedback until I can see what kind of response I can get from them if any...

·
Registered
276 Posts
if you want better air flow you could always modify the stock 1

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
/Agree

Mine was awesome from afar. Took me $50 from eBay, about 30 combined minutes for install, shared a beer with my dad, backed up and looked good, smiled then walked closer to clean up and noticed the bent ends...

Dissappointed yes. However, I should have expected that for $50. So now I spent the money for the newer grill from Scion Sport. I'm getting the mesh grill. I guess we live and learn.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I guess we do live and learn, but this should provide better airflow than my stock grill which had holes drilled into the side that has the intake. I tried to drill more holes but I would have to drill through the whole grill and at the rate I was going I thought it better to get a grill that is already made. If I look at it from my house window to the driveway, it looks pretty good...I just don't like to add parts to my car and have it look like a bunch of mismatched pieces, I want smooth fitting shapes that make it look like it's part of the car. And also this grill felt heavier than the stock plastic one. That should give me some added downforce for my wheels when I'm in full boost! :cool:

·
Registered
23 Posts
hey guys is this the same grill kit by mr. grille on ebay. i was thinking of getting the 3 pc. set for 119.00 shipped. should i stay away from it. it look realy nice on the xb but i'm not shore if this is a good kit.

·
-=(( Gcat ))=-
635 Posts
smooth said:
hey guys is this the same grill kit by mr. grille on ebay. i was thinking of getting the 3 pc. set for 119.00 shipped. should i stay away from it. it look realy nice on the xb but i'm not shore if this is a good kit.
Honestly buy the grill direct from Scion. $300 roughly. You won't be sorry. I currently have the one you're inquiring about and well once I hvae my new grill anyone can have this old one...

I went and got this one.
http://scionsport.com/store/product...d/269?osCsid=20b707d4ccd26b82bbdb3e3f1777261c

I also got the bottom 2 grills. I spent just about $250.
As soon as it's here I'm installing it!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I think so too, i looked at the grill again today to see if maybe I can adjust it, but not really...and that slight bent, is part of the way the metal is from the beginning, it wasn't caused by some impact.

·
Registered
63 Posts
i think its fine.... the more u trip abt it, the more u gonna find flaws.... if its not BIG, then its okay..... since its a non OEM part

·
Registered
206 Posts
Don't Buy Any Part That Are Not Brand Stuff From Ebay
They Are All Piece Of ****
Yes I Say Peice Of §hit

I Bought The Headlight From Ebay And It Fog Up The First Night And Water Got Into The Bulb.... Kaboom There Goes My Hid Bulb $100 Bulb

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
I feel ya, bought my top one from one place and the bottom two from another place:

See what I mean? I'm gonna try and bend them a bit; the top is more separated then the bottom. I'm happy with the two bottom ones.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That looks exactly like mine, even down to the bag of screws. But I will be more careful in the future about "cheap" parts off of ebay. The only thing I have set on my mind to buy off ebay is the Clutch Masters stage 3 clutch for $396 which is the cheapest I've found so far. For accessories and stuff, I think I'll just go to the local shop so I can at least see it in person.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.