Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay so I picked up a set of the new Sylvania Silverstar Ultras. I like them, nice and bright. But I don't think they were developed for projectors. I can see alot further than before...I also put in new foglights. One of the older ones cracked and had a hole in it. So I put these on. better light output but not as colorful as the old ones...I don't know why, but i didn't take a picture of the headlights with the white light...

Okay, so here they are during the day...

Then in low light

Here is the output

Even with the new bulbs, still have some color to them, which i like...

Here is the cut off of the new bulbs, see the hot spots, I think if I didn't have projectors, the whole thing would be that bright.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
For yellow_sub

So the other night i needed to get some gas...

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are made by Blazer. I got them from Wal-Mart they were only $20. The bad thing about the way I have them mounted is that i made holes in the lower lip...

·
Registered
520 Posts
they aren't noticable are they? and the grill did you have to do anything with the honeycomb part behind them? O and i have the silverstars in my headligths with stock housing and they are super bright the light just goes everywhere!

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, they aren't because there is another piece that sits between the lip and the light that allows you to lean the light up and down, and maintain a flat point of contact with the mounting surface. yea, you have to take them out...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Fogs

I Lke Ur Fogs, @ Wal-mart?? Really?? Never Would Have Thought..lol
I Need Mounting Brakets For Mine, Any Ideas Or Sugg.'s??? Would Aprec.8 It.

·
Registered
869 Posts
hey big....you should use the smoke paint and smoke em' black to blend in with the lower grille.....that would look sweet.....just an idea

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Never even thought of smoking them...thats a good idea. Nope, they are white...They seem brighter. I can't give a definate answer because i used to have rainbow bulbs in before which were colored so changing from those to white is a big difference. But for the firsst time my little bro said they were bright, I have driven behind him before and he never said that until I switched

·
Registered
110 Posts
big

so you got em al wally world huh, i got some there a while back and mounted those but they were small and crappy. i really like those are they pretty flush with the rest of the bumper and dont stick out much or at all??? I would really like to get some of those and anyway you can take a pic or something close up to the back of those or anything to show me exactly how you mounted them

thanks man

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yea they sit flush. I don't think any pic will sho how they are mounted. But I cut a hole big enough for the bolt(which is on the bottom of the foglight) to go through, then pushed it through and put the nut on the bottom. I might be able to get one from under the bottom...

·
Registered
110 Posts
hey

did you have to take off the bumper? and if not would it be easier if i did. and are you running them to a switch.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No I didn't have to take it off. I have them tapped into the parking lights, so they come on when i turn the switch once...

·
Registered
110 Posts
hey

is there any way you can show me or tell me in brief detail on how to tap wires into the parking lights cause id really like to do that with my halos in my headlights and my lights that are on my grill that ill be installing soon. thanks big

·
Registered
54 Posts
i was going to do the same thing you did but with the yellow set

i was thinking of mounting them behind the grill to be a bit more hidden. Did you think of this and it wasnt possible? or did you like them better one the outside.

they look good there, just trying to be a bit different

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.