Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My latest project.

Stock bumper with Nissan fog lights molded in with only plastic, no BONDO.
Took about 5hrs to finish not counting dry time for the Two-part plastic, or paint.

Not sure what Nissan the fogs came from, A guy I work with had the assembly's tossed in a corner at his house, and forgot what he got them off of.

I no longer have a washer bottle, and had to order a cheap Ebay intake that doesn't run down behind the bumper. Since everytime I turn right the tire rubs inner fender liner, do to the filter pushing the liner towards the tire.

Attachments

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hotbox05 said:
so you did some sportbike style plastic welding ?
Yes, I used a platic welder. And the heating element went out about a 3rd of the way through the second side. So I had to finish with a little torch and a spoon.. I used a two-part polyurethane as the filler. Which I sanded like bondo.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hubbard said:
Looks bitchin'! Let's see it with the lights on.
I'm still working on the wiring part, there is power to the fog light fuse. But, I'm not getting it to the harness under the headunit where the switch goes.

The wires being backwards on the lights shouldn't mean anything, right? Don't know that they are backwards it was just a thought.

I don't know why there is no power to the switch harness.

Any Ideas?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
squirrel said:
Nice!!!!!!!

You think I will get hassled over the plate?

I think having it in the front window would just draw more attention than just not having it. What you think? I know there are a couple diff. ways to mount it. My ex g/f got a ticket for even having it in the window. I'd rather not even draw there attention.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Shaving all my squirters is next. They are all useless now

·
Registered
501 Posts
Padanky, regarding the front plate: yes, it's a criminal offense (Class C misdemeanor) in Texas to not have one. My old law partner was a former Dallas police officer, and she said:

"It's a chicken-sh&t thing to pull someone over for, and you might get away with not having it for years, but it's against the law and you can be cited for it."

I didn't want one on the front of mine, either, but you don't want to get into with the Conroe P.D. on your next road trip north, either.

Great looking work! I refer to all PW xBs now as "Padankys". Just ask my wife.

·
Registered
352 Posts
i have had my car for over a year and have never put my front license plate on. ive been pulled over. i have had a cop actually check it out and compliment me on it. not to mention talking about my headlights and could plain and simple see there was no front license plate. so i guess it just depends how badly the chp or whomever needs to write a ticket.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hubbard said:
Great looking work! I refer to all PW xBs now as "Padankys". Just ask my wife.
Thats cool. LOL

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for all the good comments, They keep me motivated.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If I hadn't gotten the internet again, I would probly only have rims and a drop and be happy with it!

Thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
looks pretty good! you have definite talent. if you dont mind me asking however, why didnt you shave the OEM foglights while you were at it? Just curious as that would have made it 100% cleaner looking. Very good work though. Keep up the good work! :bow:

Scotty

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Padanky, check w/ Marshall in Hawaii on the other site. He has a front plate relocater so you don't have to drill holes in your front bumper cover. And you have PM.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Makes me wish I lived near you!

1 - 20 of 95 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.