Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got my new coils today courtesy of Auto RnD 8) ...they came with pillowball uppermounts/camber plates..

i'll have a couple of pics once they're installed in the next couple of days :D

JC

p.s. Rico you know you want to pick up the last set :p

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Them look bad ars. Can't wait to see them installed!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys...can't wait to have it on the car either..i can go lower now lol

one thing though, i was talkin to Erick (aireck) about the rear assembly...the threaded perch actually goes on top of the spring instead of the bottom...anyone seen another coilover set up like that for the xB?

JC

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
azpinoy said:

one thing though, i was talkin to Erick (aireck) about the rear assembly...the threaded perch actually goes on top of the spring instead of the bottom...anyone seen another coilover set up like that for the xB?

JC
Don't know, I've never dealt with Coilovers. But no, I have never seen them like that.

·
bB Squad
4,152 Posts
azpinoy said:

JC

any input anyone?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
azpinoy said:
yeah i believe the preset height is around 2.3"-2.5"..i'm on Goldlines right now, which is a good 2" around...so yeah i'll probably go around 2.5"

JC
How much do you want for your Goldlines? I have Tein's, but I'm looking for a little more drop.

They are a little more drop than Tein's right?

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
um wow. that rear spring adjuster/perch looks like it's for a totaslly different car. it's a sleeve over. yet the xb cannot use that type. it needs a bolt thru the bottom spring perch. or welded to the upper mount or lower mount? odd.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
hotbox05 said:
um wow. that rear spring adjuster/perch looks like it's for a totaslly different car. it's a sleeve over. yet the xb cannot use that type. it needs a bolt thru the bottom spring perch. or welded to the upper mount or lower mount? odd.

From what I'm seeing, it's just the cup that the spring sits on. It's just like the TEIN coilovera, which I have.

The rear spring sit down on the spindle, so that way you can adjust ride height.. As for the welding, where the heck are you seeing that. The set up looks exactly like all the other coilover systems, excluding the camber plates.
(yes, thats me)
JMO though :D

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
see this? how is that perch going to stay in place? it needs to be bolted or attached to the torsion axle.

oh and every other xB coilover system i've seen is NOT like that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
sorry for the delay guys...we'll probably be able to install it later this afternoon, so i'll let you guys know how it goes...also, i took a couple pics of the illustrations on the manual the kit came with...no other bolts/washers came with the kit

JC

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
BOXlover11 said:
Like i said it was just my opinion. If you are talking about the rear shock, its notBut ne ways :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Wow, the back spring sits totally diff. I gues my OPINION was wrong then.
i actually appreciated those pics man...helps show the different set up for coils out there :) ...i posted a pic of the manual so peeps don't think i'm makin it up lol

JC

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.