Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:D :cool: I'm always bored so here's the new mod;

And that's just the tail lights, it's also wired into the brake lights. Also has the ability to be turn signals but I haven't gone to the store for diodes yet. DIY coming soon:)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Very creative! I like the way you took out the stock one, makes it look much more custom. Nice job Jason.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looks good, I've seen a bunch of them on the Chevy trucks, etc.

·
Registered
491 Posts
thats nice as hell! i did the same thing last year but didn't like that way it came out! cause the light strip i had was to long and didn't look right....were did you get you and wat brand and lenght is that?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
I've been wanting to do that too, but the length is/was the killer for me. Which length did you use?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
BigK Cherry popper made his out of individual LED's, and mounted the. I think he has 30 or so. He also made a xB in the bumper out of LED's.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Oh okay, I though he might have used the "Line of fire" and maybe cut it or something...

·
Registered
29 Posts
did you mount the LED strip on the door or behind it right below the rubber seal for the door??

(i couldn't tell from the pictures...)

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Pep Boys sells the kit for $40 which comes with 3 strips, the xB's only need 2. I mounted them on the bumper under the seal but I'm going to take out the bumper and dremel them behind it for a cleaner look.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Looks really clean at night, saw it driving out of Scion Backstage.

·
Registered
29 Posts
mounted it behind the door huh, kool i was hoping to hear they would fit there.

i found a simular kit online at http://reconaccessories.com
'cept this one is just a single 49" strip, there web site even has instruction for hardwiring it in to vehicals w/o towing hitches. (i.e. ours)
not only does it have the ability to be a running light, break light and turn signal it has white LED's that come on when you put it the car reverse!

I plan on getting this actuall kit with in a week or two i cant wait to install it!!
here is a pic of it in action (from there site)

·
Blah.. :D
1,466 Posts
nice 3rd brake light... i upgraded mines too.. i installed an led strip where the stock one was at.. ill take pics and post em up later... :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.