Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my 2015 XB in march. Loved the car but the radio and its sound not soo much. The sound direction is pointed to the front and i can tell and its annoying how they did the system. You have the front speakers (6.75inch) ran in parallel with the tweeter (4 ohm each) so that gives you a final 2 ohm load for the front on each side. The tweeters have passive crossovers so they don't get damaged. The rear however is a tiny 5.25 inch midrange paper speaker at 4 ohms. The radio directs the power to the front its honestly like a 70/30 power split. The front speakers sound Okay, they have a poly cone and not paper. But the back is terrible cheap cheap cheap. So me being into music and loving to listen to it in my car il upgrade my system gradually over the next couple months.You can use my upgrades as a guide for you or not.

MY PLANNED UPGRADE(S) OVER THE YEAR:

SPEAKERS : Infinity Kappa 62.11I (x4)

You'll Need : Metra 82-8148 Speaker Mounting Brackets + Metra 72-8104 Speaker Connector for Select Toyota Vehicles

RADIO: JVC KW-V830BT (Android Auto + Apple Carplay)

You'll Need : Metra 95-8202 — Kit
iDatalink ADS-MRR — Steering Wheel Control, Radio Replacement Module
iDatalink HRN-RR-TO1 — Wiring Harness
(PAC CAM-TY11 Backup Camera Cable (Possibly If I need it to retain the backup camera)

4 CHANNEL HIDEAWAY AMP : NVX MVPA4 4-Channel Amplifier

You'll Need : True Spec Pure OFC Copper 8 Gauge Installation Kit

SUBWOOFER PLUS AMP : ROCKFORD FOSGATE P3D2 (X2) + Kicker DX1000

You'll Need : Stinger SK4641 Wire Kit + Speaker wire.
ASC Dual Ported Transmission line (TLINE) subwoofer Box MODEL #2X12VMBASS

(Already own the subs, amp + box, I get amazing lows. This setup is durable and great for SQL)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got in my rear speakers. Now that the rears are 2 ohm like the front. They are a little louder especially with the 95db sensitivity of the kappas. I have the tweeters angled upwards to bring up the soundstage. The sound has improved, But the head unit has built in crossover settings. You can change these by selecting a Different vehicle in the Setup Menu. After messing with all the possible settings I found that Tc sounds the best when bringing volume to the rear speakers. I have my balance at center. My eq for treble is -3 and bass is -1. It actually makes the car sound full and less muddy. Highs are bright and bass is clear. This wouldn't be bad for a small upgrade for those who want a fuller sound with the stock headunit. The sound volume is now 55/45 front to rear. distorsion doesn't happen till volume 55. Just my observation. Up next will be the radio. Here's a Picture for you guys of my new speaker.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts