Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought an 06 with 180,000 miles. Previous owner painted with spray cans and windshield is full of pits. But it runs good. Can I polish the windshield enough so I don't have to replace it?

·
Registered
2006 Scion xB Automatic
85 Posts
I don't know if it's possible, but nowadays it seems all insurance companies just replace windshields with rock chips. (For no cost) I'd reach out to them and see / and/or check your policy.

And yeah, our windshields are very "wall-like" and catch lots of rocks and debris.

Also, just FYI - DO NOT GO CHEAP on replacement glass! Avoid places that offer you $100 or free stuff to replace your windshield. They use ****-tier glass that gets cracked way easier.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Welcome to the Family. And I will second it on getting a good replacement windshield. The tall odd angled windshield is very subject to rock chips, etc. But is great for visibility.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't know if it's possible, but nowadays it seems all insurance companies just replace windshields with rock chips. (For no cost) I'd reach out to them and see / and/or check your policy.

And yeah, our windshields are very "wall-like" and catch lots of rocks and debris.

Also, just FYI - DO NOT GO CHEAP on replacement glass! Avoid places that offer you $100 or free stuff to replace your windshield. They use ****-tier glass that gets cracked way easier.
I don't carry full coverage on a vehicle this old. I was looking at youtube videos and I was just wondering if anyone here successfully polished out the pits>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts