Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to me at least... i'm really digging these, and i've never seen them before. i called carson scion and they said they were the black scion accessory ones, but they clearly arent.

i cant post the pictures straight from the site because they're a .dat file (wtf?) but heres the links:

http://www.newscionparts.com/product/?id=1138
^^ the tail lights i want

and for comparison:
http://www.newscionparts.com/product/?id=1140
^^ the tail lights i was directed to as being the same ones i want.

i know that the pic of the ones i want isnt the greatest- its really a picture of the rear bumper applique, but from what i can see, they look pretty sweet.

if anybody has any information about which tail lights these are and how i could go about getting a set, please let me know.

thanks in advance!

-matt-

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
Looks very very nice and deep. I want to see the complete pic as the top section with red color will make all the difference.

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
The Second one looks like the TYC tails....the first one pictured was three whole circles...I belive those are like Boxer Rebelions tails...not EXACT, but closer than the TYC...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah, they're closer. if you look at the ones i want though, they're set really deep and there are like 7 lines across the bottom. also, there is still like a clear plastic housing like the stock tail lights, w/o the bumpyness to them. there is definately air space between the lens and the outer part of the tail light. could these be a custom job, like a cleared lens, painted housing, de-bumpified cover version of a stock headlight?

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
I agree, they are cool....wait..........the TYC lights.....wasnt there some BEFORE the current ones?

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
yeah, those are the ones I suggested were the closest too....but his have lenses over them, and are sunk into the housing........ We need Dion in here LOL

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Im gonna chime in just cause I got a free moment and saw this:
Theyre actually the first gen TYCs. They are NOT Matrix lights. Matrix copied the first gen TYCs, which are pictured.

Its funny however, because the first gen TYCs are REALLY copies of the Garson JDM tails. The TYCs are what is pictured though.

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Sir said:
yeah, those are the ones I suggested were the closest too....but his have lenses over them, and are sunk into the housing........ We need Dion in here LOL
I wouldn't have been of any help on this one.... Thank God for Scotty!!

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
Nice tails, but why does that site have to end with a teaser like "black housing" for these tails and no picture?

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
Sir said:
I agree, they are cool....wait..........the TYC lights.....wasnt there some BEFORE the current ones?
^^WHOOT I was right! *doing a little dance

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.