Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a few days, I will be getting my white neon undercar kit in the mail! I'm totally stoked about this. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone who already has a light kit could possibly post some pics as far as the the installation process goes about. From the placement of the neon tubes, to the placement of the on/off switch inside the car. I would really appreciate this! It'll greatly help me get this installed.

Thanx for the help. CLUBxB RULES!! :D

·
Registered
86 Posts
S2L - there should be a DIY here or something similar. Do a search for it.. As far as the inside switch, maybe a rocker switch to go next to the "traction control" button.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've already done a search for it. There really isn't anything that'll have pictures of the installation process.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Wow, sorry no one has posted much here.

I’m afraid my friends did the actual install on my box so I can’t give you a detailed walkthrough. If you’re still stuck you can probably find a DIY back at SL (I rarely frequent the threads much anymore, but their tech section is great when you’re stuck.) I can recommend you get the GSW-45 rocker switch from Lowe’s. It fits perfectly in the dash. Also pick up 8 1” rubber hose clamps to attach the tubes. They hold up much better than the crap they come with. Here’s ‘pics:

Good luck!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanx for responding

I believe the neon kit comes with a switch. I'll still consider that rocker switch you recommended. I actually work at LOWE'S, so finding it should be a breeze. :p
Do you think those rubber clamps will be at LOWE'S?

·
Registered
673 Posts
think the rear bar will be the hardest for you to do.. due to the exhaust in the way... other than that, shouldnt be too hard to do..

side skirts mount them on the inside of the pinch weld... you should be able to find a gromet or 2 to run wires thru to the inside w/o having to drill into your body.

front bar you can run the wire in thru one of the gromets on the firewall.

hardest part is figuring out where to mount the controll box and makin sure the wires reach... lay them out on the ground in rough position they will be to see if wires will reach where you need them to go

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Wow, another Lowe’s employee; who knew? I work @ 1510. Yeah, we carry the clamps too. The same guys who make the switches offer them, or you can get some generic ones that are just as good over in the hardware department. They’re in the blue drawers with the other oddball stuff. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.