Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i need info on wiring my neons from my car?? Either direct from battery or from fuse box ??? Ok also i need to know where to use ground from?? Also if anyone has pics of components that they used and or diagrams that would help .. Im just gonna do the inside for now .. probally like 4 lights.... I went to pepboys and was gonna get some neons that got cig lighter hookups ... wondering if there would be a prob cutting that part of so i dont have to many cig lighter hookups... Suggestions ???

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm planning on doing the same thing you are. I'm went to www.trdsparks.com and looked at the installation instructions they had listed for the oem LED lights. I think I'm going to tap into the same wire they use for those lights and run a wire from that to back behind that panel located at the bottom center of the dash. There I'm going to create a junction point. I'm just going to put eyelets on all of the wires and hold them together with a nut and bolt. Then I'll wrap it with electrical tape. I'll just attach a sheet metal screw to the body for a ground if I can't find a bolt already in place that will work. Doing it this way means that the lights I'm adding will be wired to the headlight switch. If I start to blow fuses I'll wire in a relay. I was thinking of maybe wiring in the lights to turn on when the doors open but then I'd want them to turn on with the headlights as well. I could do this using a relay, just haven't decided yet.
I found a better deal on neon lights off of ebay than I found in the stores.

As far as cutting the end off of the lights go for it just make sure before you do that you know which wire is + and which is -. If you can't tell by looking at the wires pull the plug apart the wire going to the center is +.

·
Registered
142 Posts
^^^THats where I have mine ran to. I have one main power wire from the battery and it goes to a terminal plate that has several 'slots' or spaces to hook up accessory wires. I then ran an inline off each accessory that I have hooked up (two extra power sockets, inside LEDs, outside LEDs). I'll try to post a pick of what I'm talking about.

Shortys50, I can't really help you out because I don't know what kind of lights you are going to run. I have LEDs but I know my brother in law has NEONS and he has to run transformers and relays ( I don't know why).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.