Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ran a fab rear bumper with the kenstyle front lip and side skirts. i'll be doing some work to the stock front bumper too. just wondering if this would look funny or if it would be okay.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
yellow_sub said:
I ran a fab rear bumper with the kenstyle front lip and side skirts. i'll be doing some work to the stock front bumper too. just wondering if this would look funny or if it would be okay.
i just want your opinion guys. not like i want you first born or anything jeez!!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
Hmm, I don't know about that one, James. Isn't the Fab bumper a complete replacement? I don't think the lines would match up very well.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
yea its gonna look like ass and a half i think. kits need unity and to flow into each other. unless you highly modified the fab bumper to gain different lines to work, its gonna look bad IMHO. to tell you the truth, i think the fab bumper looks really ugly anyway, even with a full fab kit, so i think it will actually only make everything look worse. if i had a recommendation to give ya, look into Shine Street. Comes with front lip, side skirts, and a full rear bumper replacement. whole thing flows and looks pretty good. its the one that Cassidy is runnin on his xB right now.

scotty

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well heres what happend to me. i had a fab kit comming so i got a hold a CF bB hatch. well the body kit come to just destroyed by the shipping company. we're talkin both side skirts broken and a the 2 bumpers cracked. so i have to have the plate in the rear bumper. so i'm fo sure getting a fab rear bumper. if you guys think anything else would look weird than i'll just do the whole fab kit. i just don't feel like having an entirely fiberglass frontend that seem like it'll only lead to headaches.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
did you file a suit with the shipping company? They should pay for damages. Unless the shipper was a retard and didn't put insurance on an expensive product.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Well I am suprised this hasn't been asked yet, but how about some pics

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ShortBus said:
Well I am suprised this hasn't been asked yet, but how about some pics
of what the lips i wanna run or of my cracked kit or of my hatch?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
yellow_sub said:
of what the lips i wanna run or of my cracked kit or of my hatch?
D.) All of the above!

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
okay per request:
The hatch:

side skirt 1

side skirt 2

side skirt 2

rear bumper

rear bumper

rear bumper

front bumper

and the front lip and side skirts i want.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Gotta luv Fiberglass!

·
Super Moderator
16,213 Posts
James! Don't settle for that crap!! Do what you have to do, but do something. That's just wrong. Have you called the company who shipped it? (That's probably a dumb question on my part.)

You should have had Squirrel hook you up, I know he's got connections.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DTRAIN619 said:
James! Don't settle for that crap!! Do what you have to do, but do something. That's just wrong. Have you called the company who shipped it? (That's probably a dumb question on my part.)

You should have had Squirrel hook you up, I know he's got connections.
yes i'm talking with the shipping company and filling a claim. with that money i will buy a new kit. i just don't really like fab side skirts and i'm not to keen on having my entire front end fiberglass.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
When you are done with the claim ship me the damaged rear bumper.......

As for fiberglass front end I am running it. It is not too bad. You just have to be extra careful.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
christian i got the claim form a couple of days ago and i'll fill it out when i'm off work today.
as for the kit i'm gonna run a full kit and not peice one together. hopefully my new kit will make everyone drool. y'all will just have to wait and see what it's gonna be!!!

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ogerdgonz said:
When you are done with the claim ship me the damaged rear bumper.......

As for fiberglass front end I am running it. It is not too bad. You just have to be extra careful.
i'm gonna put the peices up for sale for real real cheap. but most likely i'll keep the front bumper to use for daily driving. i've decided to do air now so i don't think it'll be as with scraping.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
PM me before putting the rear bumper up for sale. I would need shipping to 48067. I am interested and maybe I can find a job soon so I can afford it.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.