Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey!

I'm getting closer to finishing my interior, but I need some opinions on the headliner and pillars. The box is black cherry pearl, and I was considering a burgundy suede for both. The idea popped into my head of doing just the headliner in burgundy suede, and the pillars and stuff in woodgrain, but I'm wondering if that might be 'too over the top'

I wish i had some pics, but for now, please just use your imagination...

By the end of the month, I will have finished:
* charcoal leather seats with burgundy accents
* charcoal leather door panel inserts
* burgundy and charcoal leather steering wheel
* woodgrain and leather lexus shift knob
* woodgrain (deep burgundy burlwood) center console/shift surround/window controls/gauge pod

If this sounds nuts, please give me some other suggestions. Stock headliner and pillars are not an option at this point. Any positive input would be welcomed... thx!

·
Registered
90 Posts
No on the wood grain pillars is my opinion. I would stick to the original plan OR since your doin the two tone burgundy/Charcoal thing you could do the pillars in charcoal. But I personally like the pillars and headliner to match, flows better. IMHO of course.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
I like the original idea with the burgundy suede headliner/pillars. what are you doing with the dash. A dark wood grain upper dash would look good with your color schemes.

·
Scion God
541 Posts
Ive gotta agree with Mr Creep on this one.. Maybe even a Blood Red Plush Velvet headliner with the Dark Wood Upper Dash

I like the original idea with the burgundy suede headliner/pillars. what are you doing with the dash. A dark wood grain upper dash would look good with your color schemes.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure I'll be able to do the whole upper dash in woodgrain yet. In fact, I'm skipping the gauge pod and only doing the silver parts in woodgrain right now. I've been doing some photoshops, and that' the only way it all looks good at this point.

Speaking of photoshop, I'm playing with the idea of a charcoal/burgundy rising sun headliner done in suede. The rays of the sun would be adjusted so that the front two pillars are charcoal suede, and the b & c end up with burgundy. I'll let you know what I come up with.

·
Registered
567 Posts
my boy up here did his whole headliner and all his pillers in black tweed. it looks soo so sick. Just a thought.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.