Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2005 xB and i'm looking to slowly upgrade it, I was looking into the TRD intake, Should I go TRD, or another aftermarket company? i want the most power and best performance

·
NEXT LEVEL MOTORING
3,810 Posts
I own a 2005 xB and i'm looking to slowly upgrade it, I was looking into the TRD intake, Should I go TRD, or another aftermarket company? i want the most power and best performance
i have the INJEN RD2501P, which is a cold air and short ram. ive had it for 3 years with no problem whatsoever. this model is CARB Legal.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
If you want the most power, get one that's designed like the K&N Typhoon intake. It has a single bend in it. Though I think it's like an extra hp or something..

·
Hmmmmm
3,145 Posts
not to knock the trd but you can ge the same or better for half the price of anything that says trd on it. only benefit is toyota warranties it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
any short ram will be fine :). i have the injen SR intake

·
Registered
140 Posts
go with any knockoff or name brand short ram. IMO the ccold air doesnt do any more than the short ram does since the filter ends up in almost the same place. I got my intake for 15 bucks new off ebay from a guy named powerimport. Try that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Beacon huh?

What up Curfew!

From New Paltz myself...work in Po-town..

Just saying hello to a local...what Color xb do you have? I'll keep my eyes open..

-threadjackover-

-Matt

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I have the Weapon-R too.

·
Registered
869 Posts
go with the off brand intake just for the tubing...its the same thing ...but its better to upgrade the filter.... then you'll will have the same thing...and save a few hundred bucks....go with a short ram intake.....less bends....more performance....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Drivin the PW

:eek: Yeah, Ill keep my eyes open for your ride..been seeing more and more B's lately - especially around Middletown, NY. Im probably the only debadged PW with rims around here(Katana KR5)..my car is dirty as S&^% since I moved. Driveway is f&&** up now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.