Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need your help, my fellow xBer's, I have a severe vibration coming up through my driver and passenger seat. The problem occurs whenever I am at a stoplight or stopped at an intersection when the RPM's drop back down. If I put the car in neutral the vibration goes away same thing whenever it's in park (RPM increased change of maybe 3-4 hundred), driving around any other time I have no vibration issues at all.:confused:

Things I've checked:

-Transmission fluid - correct level both cold and hot
-Trans and engine mounts - no visible damage or movement
-Exhaust system - was changed back to stock a while ago (had plans for a cat-back but needed the funds elsewhere) only change is a 2 inch pipe from the resonator to the stock axle-back, all hangers in place and tight.
-Changed the oil this past Sunday with 5W-30 Valvoline and A Toyota filter and oil level is on the mark.
-Only upgrade I still have on the car is the MMW header and I don't see or feel any leaks around the gaskets or welds.

I'm at a loss as to anything else I can check that might cause this problem, so any ideas or help would be greatly appritiated before I have to take it to the dealership :eek: (appointment is for Tuesday morning)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Lazy Jiffy Lube guy.

I had my oil changed as well then heard a sound like a purring cat when I stop at a light or at low speeds. There was a slight vibration but the sound was more prominent. It took me a couple of days to figure out that the dummy at the lube place did not put the air filter box lid on right. I went back and made them adjust it. The problem was they were lazy and didn't want to take off the hoses to put it in properly.
I hope it is as simple as this for you to fix.:)

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
it's the auto it has a rough idle. you can take it in i believe they raise the idle rpm by liek 50 or something to try and remedy it.

·
Registered
869 Posts
NEVER EVER EVER EVER TAKE YOUR CAR TO JIFFY LUBE!!!! THEY DONT KNOW WHAT THE HELL THEY ARE DOING!!!! take it to firestone or some other place like that the people at jiffy lube are dumb and dont know what they are doing!:mad:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dealership hooked it up to their computer, which showed nothing wrong, no codes nothing!?. Watched two techs check everything under the car and nothing was lose or broken there either. Toyota lead tech took a spin with me and noticed the vibration to a degree and stated basically that was the way the car runs:rolleyes: . I think I'm going to have to go looking for a quiet axle back exhaust kit to plumb up to the modified mid section of pipe I already have installed (don't ask, long story), because even with the cheap Ebay axle-back I had installed I didn't have this vibration problem, so time to go on the hunt.

Anybody, other than the post already on here have the Stillen axle-back from ebay, I would like a few opinions about the tone and loudness of this setup.

Thanks hope you all have a good weekend!

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
well at least they gave you the time of day at the dealership. Most of the time when I go they dont want to mess with it because it is warranty work.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
All welded, mainly because I went through three Toyota replacement gaskets for the axle back. After only a couple of months they looked like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
My car vibrate when I m stop the RPM drop almost half way between the one. I change oil and spark plugs, and still doing the same. When I put it on neutral stop. I try to adjust the carburator , but still the same. :mad:Can anybody help me

·
Registered
28 Posts
i had the same prob. with my wife's car i think it's has to do with the spark plugs cable... Ignition Coil changed that and that worked

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.