Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently purchased 2 2006 Scion XB. One for me and the other for my wife. I don't know where to start. I want to add accessories to them but i don't know where to start. plz give me so advice to this problem.

Thanks Primeaux

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Ebay has tons of stuff, cheap. You can try the classifieds on this site, lots of stuff, cheap. You will get lots of recommendations around here.

Rims and a drop are the first mods most do, then exhaust. You will then look and sound good.

Oh and welcome to the club, congrats!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have recently purchased 2 2006 Scion XB. One for me and the other for my wife. I don't know where to start. I want to add accessories to them but i don't know where to start. plz give me so advice to this problem.
I have some picture of them on cardomain under Primeaux

Thanks Primeaux

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Well Im too lazy to search for it, but this is what you should do.

This should be your order:

Coilovers. Rims. after all that, then get into kits, tint, wings, and all that crap.

most importantly in a cars good looks is stance, and 90% of the Scions i see dont have it IMHO. look for some wheels that are about 8 inches wide and have about 20 offset for front, and 8 inches wide with 10 offset in rear. then drop it about 3.5-4 inches, and youll be golden :D

scotty

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
also i need to add thats what i recommend for a nice but conservative fitment. its not gonna be crazy, but itll be flush and be on its way to looking better than most. you can go more crazy than that if you want.

scotty

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Don't listen to Scotty. He's right, about 90% have only show and no go. The xB isn't meant to be fast but it sure is fun trying to make it faster. Get everything planed first, then start buying stuff. Wheel fitment is everything, spacers will help if you don't want to dish out the money for the low off-set wheels. I did no planning on my ride, it all just kinda fell together. I would be a lot happier with it if I had planned a little.

Whatever you do, just do it for yourself. Don't worry about pleasing anyone else.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i feel you on the buying of 2 boxes and not knowing where to start. i did the same thing about 2 months ago but i agree start with some rims and dropping them that will cost what you make it cost

but you can clear the headlights, taillights and remove the black tape around the doors, and do some under hood and interior painting for pretty cheap you can try that to Begin with

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Nice to see a fellow Cajun. What part of Louisiana are you from? I'm from Port Allen/Baton Rouge. Anyway, I say tint, which i know you already did this right? You went strait to the tint shop...With this Louisiana heat that tint is a must...(how ironic, i've had my box almost 2 months and still no tint)
With our weather< espically lately) i don't know if you want to do this, but you can also remove the rear wiper, i did. You can do some interior cold cathode tubes, for cheap. I have a paint project going now...
Anyway hope to see you around if you are close enough...ha you never know, i might have a pic of one of your boxes, being that i take a pic of every box i see in a parking lot...

BTW what colors did you get?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Probablly don't listen to the drop part, that is kinda extreme. but he's right about the other part...

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
I say check out the sites, see what other people have done... see what you like... but start with cheap or close to free mods that you can do yourself.

It's more satisfactory that way.

Good ones to start with (If you like the way they look)

Clear your front corners
De-badge rear hatch
Remove rear Wiper
Paint accent interior pieces

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.