Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I need seat covers but only for the front. I am the xB Braun Handicap RampVan. Boy if you catch a stone from a ring on the factory installed seats, you get strings pulling out. I don't want to spend a fortune cause the xB being converted at mega bucks, has put me in the poor house. Does anyone have reasonably priced ideas that would look good ? ;)

Thanks Lois,
serenenity11 - Deltona, FL

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
serenity11 said:
Hi,

I need seat covers but only for the front. I am the xB Braun Handicap RampVan. Boy if you catch a stone from a ring on the factory installed seats, you get strings pulling out. I don't want to spend a fortune cause the xB being converted at mega bucks, has put me in the poor house. Does anyone have reasonably priced ideas that would look good ? ;)

Thanks Lois,
Not sure how much you want to spend but seatcoverfactory.com has a complete set for less than 200 bucks. They are custom fit and IMO look great.

Check them out and tell 'em TAZ sent you.

www.scionshoppe.com

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Seat Covers

Thanks Taz,

I found them and mine would cost much less because I only need the front seats. Yours look great. :cool:
Lois- Deltona, FL
serenity11

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
I would recommend Taz's covers as well

could you post pics of your conversion xB sometime Lois? I would love to see how they did it

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
serenity11 said:
Thanks Taz,

I found them and mine would cost much less because I only need the front seats. Yours look great. :cool:
Lois- Deltona, FL
serenity11
Glad that worked out for you, they're awesome people to deal with.

As Dew said, I would love to see pics of your conversion. :D

·
Registered
839 Posts
A member accidently responded to the email rather than the forum so i wanted to post it here for him:

To Dew

Do you have the same seat covers? I saw what seemed to be the same ones on ebay at $39.95, and the ones that Taz recommended for just doing the front seats would be $109.00. I am going to check and see what manufacturer they both are.

And on the pictures, I certainly will get them on there as soon as I can. I have had the darn thing at the dealership to fix somethings three times already. It's a new conversion for Braun and they are using an air pump to raise and lower or "kneel" the vehicle to get the ramp out. This is new, as all other minivans use electric from the battery to do this. This also combines with the battery but the pump is the key. I sure wish it wasn't the first year because that's where all the kinks sit. But I love it.

Well that's enough blah, blah, from me. And thanks for your input to help on the seat covers.

Have a deelightful day,

Lois

·
Registered
546 Posts
Taz you need to show me how you did your back seats cuz mine do not look nothing like that...

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
admin said:
To Dew

Do you have the same seat covers?

Have a deelightful day,

Lois
no I don't have seatcovers, I had my interior re-done in leather. I have however, seen Taz's covers in person and if you're going the cover route, they are by far the best looking I've seen yet.

the conversion sounds interesting. I look forward to the pics :D

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
BigWill184 said:
Taz you need to show me how you did your back seats cuz mine do not look nothing like that...
I stretched the hell out of the cover and pulled the bottom back seat out to give it a tight fit. It took some time but I think it was worth it. :D

I just got an email from Scionshoppe today and they are now making covers for the stock Scion armrest. They are going to ship one out so I can show it off. They are also almost done with the door inserts. If the quality is as good as the covers, they should look awesome.

BTW, I have no affiliation with nor do I get any kickbacks from this company, I'm just a very satisfied customer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Surfcitylocal Joe @ Scion Shoppe sent me one too a while back. Let me tell it has a lot more padding than the stock cover on the arm rest. It's the BOMB!

Here is a picture of it. They also installed my seat covers and made my automatic **** boot while I was at there facility.

Joe at Scion Shoppe is AWESOME.

Tell them Al "Central Coast Black Widow xB" also sent you.

Here is a little secret:They are also making side panels stay tuned! I will post the pictures of those when we nail down the mold.

I do a lot promotion for Joe (Scion Shoppe) at shows/events. His products are wonderful and he is always making/designing new ones.

I live an hour away from the shop so I stop by once in a while to say hi. My car is on there website too it's the black one with the red and black interior.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Hey guys,

Those seat covers look great!

Out of curiosity, are they machine washable? What kind of material are they made from? Looks kind of like a neoprene, or maybe some kind of artificial leather. Are they pretty tough?

I would be real tempted if they offered a green that was a closer match to my box’s camo metallic. (I’m afraid that their green would be too bright.) Also, all my interior LED’s are blue so that color would look great at night, but I think it would look kind of mismatched during the day. Any idea if they’ll be offering more colors in the future?

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Thanks ThunderGod,
I did look at their site quickly earlier. On closer reading I see that they do offer other colors if you contact them directly. I think I would like to see them in person first, and if they’re as nice as they look maybe I’ll give them a call.

I don’t suppose anyone with the covers is planning on attending any shows/ meets around LA in the near future?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Liesjemt said:
Thanks ThunderGod,
I did look at their site quickly earlier. On closer reading I see that they do offer other colors if you contact them directly. I think I would like to see them in person first, and if they’re as nice as they look maybe I’ll give them a call.

I don’t suppose anyone with the covers is planning on attending any shows/ meets around LA in the near future?
July 9th I'll be at the Hammer meet. I'd be happy to show them to you. Just look me up.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
ThunderGod said:
oh good Taz, ya can hang out wit me. :p ;)
Looking forward to it, although I'm not worthy. I'll stay a few paces behind and bask in the warmth that is cast off by the mods of ThunderGod! :D

·
Registered
30 Posts
serenity11 said:
Hi,

Thanks Lois,
did you buy converted or convert a preowned xB? I was at the Abilities Expo in Anaheim California last weekend and liked what I saw [they can keep their rampvan badges though :eek: ]

I have 35,000 miles on my White xB and am trying to decide new or go with my current ride [paid off]

As for seat covers, http://www.wetokole.com/ a little more than $200 BUT lots of custom color choices. I have leather and find it very easy to slide on, again a bit more money

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All the Toyota Rampvans are converted by Braun. Actually they were done by a company named IMS (?), who Braun bought. I am having some problems with the pump system which has caused me to have it back to the dealership four times now. I am getting sick and tired of it already. Everyone has been very intent on getting it taken care of so we shall see. This car is just so perfect for me and a special population of the handicapped community so I hope they get this ironed out, or I am getting my iron out.

Not so serene - serenity11
Lois

1 - 20 of 35 Posts