Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know the size of the bolts used to mount the seats in the '06 model.
I'm trying to complete a mod for a laptop mount that uses a bracket which is intended to be held in place by the seat bolts, only the stock bolts are not long enough. A longer bolt will be required to complete the job, only I don't know the size of the stock bolt in order to locate a replacement. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks!
PS Any tips on sources of general info would be helpful, too.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm not sure of the size but you could always make a solo ride to the hardware store with the bolt in hand and match it up there. I would also suggest calling the dealer ships parts dept but they are hit or miss sometimes.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
10 mm 1.5 thread

I took mine down to the hardware store and that's what the guy there told me. They didn't have that thread so he said I would be better off looking at a place that carries machine bolts.

·
Registered
109 Posts
First, i thought the head was a 14 MM. second, i do know some one who took out the stock bolts from the front and went longer in order to have the seats tilt back a little. The only thing i didnt like was that the bolt head was now stainless steal and not black. I believe he got the longer bolts from Lowes.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
CBSIMONSEZ said:
First, i thought the head was a 14 MM. second, i do know some one who took out the stock bolts from the front and went longer in order to have the seats tilt back a little. The only thing i didnt like was that the bolt head was now stainless steal and not black. I believe he got the longer bolts from Lowes.
Could be 14 mm, I just went by what the helpful hardware guy at Ace said. :D

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
Bolts are sized by thread diameter and thread pitch. In this case (based on the friendly harware store info above), the bolt is a 10mm x 1.5 pitch(distance between threads). The fact that a 14mm socket fits this bolt has nothing to do with its size. There are many different pitches that could use a 14mm socket.

·
Registered
109 Posts
^^^ this is why i drive trucks, and dont sell hardware. I ran into this again yesterday finding replacement nuts for the engine cover. The size is a 6MM X 1.0 .. which also used the 10MM socket. Now i understand, thanks.

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Yeah, metric sizes are funny like that.

Just a head's up, Orchard Supply Hardware is where I get my hardware. The quality appears to be better than Lowe's or Home Depot.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Here in NJ ... most mom & pop places are no longer here. Lowes and HomeDepot managed to run them out of town.

·
Who am I to say this?
2,110 Posts
CBSIMONSEZ said:
Here in NJ ... most mom & pop places are no longer here. Lowes and HomeDepot managed to run them out of town.
Unfortunately, that's the way it is heading in most cities. I hate to say it but the freckle faced kid in plumbing just doesn't seem to know bolts...lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The acid test!

Ok, here is what I was able to find out on the replacement bolt. It is a 10mm-1.25mm thread pitch. It fits like a glove which should settle all speculation in the matter. Thanks everyone for your welcome input! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.