1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

stock

with underspoiler

underspoiler

As most of you know I have had ongoing issues with my dealer about my bodykit. I finally got to the right person and depending on the cost he is going to work with me to get an aftermarket one piece rear bumper on my car. I love the front bumper I have and the side skirts but hate the two piece design of the rear. So what are the recommendations for a rear bumper. It needs to be a nice fitting bumper that matches the boxiness of the JP America kit I have. Their rear underspoiler is like the stock piece only 2 inches longer.

The other option would be some how getting a sponsorship for a whole new body kit. I could then do a custom paint job that I am working on.

Any ideas???

Interior of car for those who have not seen it:

·
Registered
454 Posts
This is going to sound dumb, but why not have the underspoiler blended with the bumper? I know it can cost, but I don't think there is a rear bumper that'll match it just right.

·
Registered
454 Posts
I see, I didn't know the ongoing story with the dealer. . . If you can get your hands on a bb bible, you might see something in there you might like. I dunno though that stuff can get expensive quick. Everything released in the US or available in the US doesn't really mix well without some work, imo. Good luck with it.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the dealer installed it poorly (also product design flaws and mirepresentation)

The rear fell off the car three weeks after I got it and now the front has issues with all of the splash guards so he wanted to make it right for me. He will not buy a new kit and I did not want to go back to stock so we comprimised on a new one piece aftermarket bumper. All I need is a bumper like stock but an inch or two longer.

As for the parts from Japan if I went that route I would want a whole new kit and not just a rear bumper. Anyone know if Japan has a full urethane kit with one piece front and rear bumpers?????

·
Registered
454 Posts
I think the noblesse rear bumper might be up your alley as far as what you are looking for. Price might be a little higher then expected. check this link.

http://onetongarage.com/products/noblesse/xb/index.html

I was looking at this kit myself but that kinda money would kill me, cause there is some fab work that needs to be done to get the kit to fit the USDM xB. The other option you might have is the Bomex rear lip. . . I'm not sure if you are looking for a total rear bumper but the Bomex kit has only the rear lip but it look like it might be close to the JPUSA kit. I don't know if this helps you any but if I find anymore I'll let you know. Check http://www.ssuperstore.com

I know they sell some kits too. Good luck, if I see anything else I'll post up!

·
Registered
762 Posts
what about shinestreet rear bumper?

your JP vizage rear lip looks a lot like my tc sportline one that was shipped with my kenstyle urban kit. it fits like ass and doesnt look right at all :(

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I saw the shinestreet but the lines do not flow right with the rest of the kit. I definetly want to go with a one piece design. This is my daily driver and it will see some snow and slush. I do not trust the two piece lip. If I wanted that I could put the JP piece back on the car. The TC lip does look the same. I am sure the modifying was to trim the stock bumper at the corners like on mine.

The noblesse kit is close but too much money for that price could get a whole new kit. Is it Urethane or fiberglass?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Take the stock rear lip and fill the convex area flat, to make it look like the rear 4 inches of your side skirts. No curve, just flat.

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"Take the stock rear lip and fill the convex area flat, to make it look like the rear 4 inches of your side skirts. No curve, just flat."

???????????????

I am not sure what you mean. Do this to the stock rear bumper or get a stock rear lip? I do not have one. I have a damaged stock rear bumper with a damaged rear underspoiler.

The top photo is where they ground the stock bumper down and the bottom is the cracked lip from the screws pulling out of the stock bumper.

What could I use to mold the fiberglass underspoiler to the polyurethane stock bumper so it would become one piece?

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
If you don't have the stock rear bumper and spoiler then never mind.

There is nothing that will work to mold plastic to fiberglass, it will eventually crack. Plastic is flexible Fiberglass is brittle. Search around on the 3M site below, if anybody makes something it would be 3M.

This is what I used on my front bumper, first I melted the pieces together, then I filled the area with the two part plastic. You have to grind all the paint off with a sanding disk for best adhesion.

3M™ EZ Sand Flexible Parts Repair PN 05895 Two-Part flexible epoxy-based product that repairs nicks, gouges, holes and tears in most plastic bumpers an other plastic body panels

http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...t/Home/Products/Mobile_Repair/Plastic_Repair/

·
Premium Member
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
What I am thinking is if I could get a damaged rear one piece bumper I could blend the JP rear underspoiler and the top part of the bumper that matches the stock one. I would in essence be doing what you are saying of blending the stock polyurethane bumper with the rear fiberglass underspoler. Only difference is it would be all Fiberglass and would be built to look like one piece removing the body line from the bumper but keeping the eliptical area even with the tail pipe outlet.

I do not think blending urethane and fiberglass will last long on a daily driver here in Michigan but what do I know. Maybe I need to start my own bodykit made out of composites for the xb. They would be stronger, lightweight and would not have to worry about speedbumps or potholes. I could be like everyone else out there and make the composite kit off of mine. Only kidding if I make a kit it is going to be my own design. HMMMMMM. If I only had a job so I could spend the time looking for work on developing this idea.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.