Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im rockin the JP Bodykit and Easy Street Airbags..I want new rims but not sure If i should rock another set of 18s or go for like 15s or whatnot. My car is a TCM and has a decent amount of stuff done to it. Im not sure if the 15s would work with my car...i need help

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
I take it this is chris, and if you're doing shows and stuff like that, 15s arent gonna win it for ya (at least not around here). Id say find some good fitting 17s or 18s, and stick with that. Stance is everything, and you should be low enough with air, so rock some 17s or something with some semi aggressive offsets and youll be money.

may i ask why the name change?

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ScionScotty said:
I take it this is chris, and if you're doing shows and stuff like that, 15s arent gonna win it for ya (at least not around here). Id say find some good fitting 17s or 18s, and stick with that. Stance is everything, and you should be low enough with air, so rock some 17s or something with some semi aggressive offsets and youll be money.

may i ask why the name change?
I got bored with Misterflipper. I dont know what wheels to look for. I was thinkin the 5Zigen Gravis 1 just cuz i can get a deal on them for 100 a wheel. The kit i have drops 5 inches so i figured if i rocked 15s id be on the floor. you never hit me up on AIM any more :(

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
Dooby - you have always rocked the big wheels, stay with it I think it looks sick when you can tuck rim. Whens everything going to be done? Since your taking it to SEMA have to contacted any of the wheel Manufactures? I feel your pain on this time of year I hated it when I was in the Wheel/Tire business. Just my 2cents.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
lemme hit ya up there now. (ive had internet off and on for the last week or so). ill help ya out man, we'll get somethin figured out!

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
EticketXb said:
Dooby - you have always rocked the big wheels, stay with it I think it looks sick when you can tuck rim. Whens everything going to be done? Since your taking it to SEMA have to contacted any of the wheel Manufactures? I feel your pain on this time of year I hated it when I was in the Wheel/Tire business. Just my 2cents.
Well...hopefully it should be done by the 22nd. I still need to get a couple parts from various sponsors...Im just decided what to do with the rims..I want a sick set of 18s but my pocket doenst like that idea. Im sellin anything I can on my car for some extra cash. Once i know what Im rockin wheel wise i can tell Hankook what I want tire wise.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bump for some help

·
RADIER HATER!!!
1,198 Posts
What style are you leaning towards - 5 spoke, multispoke, mesh, black/silver big/small lip? give us all some to shoot at.........

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I want all diffrent types of ideas..but i think Scotty and I are gona look @ the Sport MAx 002s in 15s with a stretched tire and camber

anyone else like that idea

·
Registered
916 Posts
Ive got some rare JDM 18's for sale.:D Rays Dolce Wide 18 x 8 +25 (4x100) all around: 2 piece wheel. The face of the wheels are in very good condition. The only problem with 2 of the wheels is that the have some little blemishes on the lip (not curb damage). This can easily be polished out. Ill let them go for $1500. Ow and these arn't made anymore.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
No offense to Matty, but that REALLY wouldnt flow right with Chris' xB I dont think. You know about flow though, you got your **** down!

And if I am disobeyed, we might be breaking out the racket! It takes me a lot to snap, and Im taking his stance to the promised land, so him not doing it might require some knee cappage.

scotty

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
im not sure what size and what kind rims you like and your budget but i personally like the volk racing GT-U...

volk GT-U

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I'll have to agree with Scotty on this one.

Matty, them wheels are sweet. If only I had another income to go with my family of four.:(

·
Registered
361 Posts
Dooby said:
I want all diffrent types of ideas..but i think Scotty and I are gona look @ the Sport MAx 002s in 15s with a stretched tire and camber

anyone else like that idea
I like the 002s, but thoes wheels matty is pushin are tight.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
MattyRattyPoo said:
Ive got some rare JDM 18's for sale.:D Rays Dolce Wide 18 x 8 +25 (4x100) all around: 2 piece wheel. The face of the wheels are in very good condition. The only problem with 2 of the wheels is that the have some little blemishes on the lip (not curb damage). This can easily be polished out. Ill let them go for $1500. Ow and these arn't made anymore.
Hey Matt
I wish I had 1500 to blow...i have a tight budget right now..if it was about 1 mnth earlier id jump on it

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
AirecK said:
a kit and 15's ... he won't get tooo low because of the kit and there might be some visible wheel well....
some 17's would be perfect ....
he'll tuck or touch lip when he's lowered even with the kit....
jm2c!!
Im looking to tuck or even to touch lip...but then the aggressive 15 stance the 15 inch wheel setup looked good in my eyes...i cant really make up my mind and its buggin

1 - 20 of 29 Posts