Scion xB Forum banner

Need help!!!

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  sdsnybny 
#1 ·
im going with 17's on my xb... but i want to lower it... what is the cheapest way to lower it when i put the 17's on.. some say that if u just do springs it will ride like crap.. let me know.. and anyone have pics of there xb on 17's lowered if so show me plz.. and tell me what kind of kit u used..thanks tim

#2 ·
Ok, to help you out.

Most people get the Tein S Techs, Tanabe DF210's, Progress Tech 2" drop springs, Eibach Pro which is also 2". Basically, you can't go wrong with a 2" drop on the box.

As for comfort, the stock suspension does suck. I know this for a fact. However, I think the 210's and PT's have progressive rate for the rear (as a matter of fact, they all might) which helps cushion the ride.

Cheapest way possible is to purchase used springs. You can find them on ebay, or here, or other Scion forums.

If you can shell out the cash for new strut/shocks, I hear the Monroe's give excellent comfort.....BUT if you like a stiffer handling car......Well, this could go on for a few hours....

#3 ·
the absolute cheapest way would be to start hacking your spring with a grinder. no telling what the hell happenes from there, and comfort? 'fuggeddaboutit'
some tien s tech springs are an inexpensive quality product.

the stock ride is crappy. i cant wait to get rid of stock suspension

#5 ·
ohhh that looks tuff! i just changed my mind from Tien S-Tech to Tanabe DF210's for the same price, they seem the way to go.

#10 ·
high

check out this thread it has good info and some good links
i went with a progressive rate for comfort and performance. Costs a little more but worth it on the back w/17's ;) stock springs take the same force to compress full travel while progressive springs start very soft and when getting on it or hard cornering stiffen up to way past stock. ie;
stock rate is 148 front and 160 rear, gold lines (not Progressive) are 170 front and 185 rear which will produce a stiffer ride, eibachs (are progressive) change front 98 to 206 and 57 to 229 rear much smoother in the beginning and much stiffer in the end the rates are ftlbs needed to compress full travel ;)

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f26/5379-new-owner-what-springs/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.