Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys i want to install a sparco wheel but need to know what all i'll need.
and what about the airbag & the stereo controls. also the airbag light.
i need all the help you got.............
thanks!
rick

·
Registered
333 Posts
you need to get the sparco hub, you lose the airbag and the stereo controls....the airbag light should turn off with the plug that the hub comes with

·
Deutschland
171 Posts
The lights will not turn off. You will need to block, or blackout the instrument gauge idiot light with a sharpie or use a black electrical tape from behind the instrument gauge idiot light to cover the illumination.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
can you explain in more detail about the lights and what is involved in taking out the airbag. and is the radio controls easy to take out.
thanks for the help!!!!!!!!
rick:) :)

·
Registered
759 Posts
radio dont know air bag there are 2 plugs in the eng comp right & left side down past the headlight marked air bag you can unplug them light goes out and you have no air bags
If anything goes wrong its on you airbags are there for some reason.
thanks dave aka short bus:D

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
or get the resistance off of the old air bag using a DVOM and place in-line to keep the passenger side air bag. Just a thought if you like your passengers

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks dave. does the airbag come out with the steering wheel or do i need to take it out first.
thanks again!!!!!
rick

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
The air bag comes out first by removing the two screws on the back of the steering wheel, I'll get some pics for you at work today.

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
the bolts on the side are a 30 torx:

This is the back side:

If you can see that little orange/red wire in the upper corner there, that's the horn and will need to be cut and tapped in the new horn button

This is below the clockspring, I dont have a pic of the clockspring but be gentle with it. After you take the nut off the wheel you can grab the steering wheel and rock it back and forth to remove it or use a puller:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I just got my sparco hub p/n 01502108CA.
it only came with this heavy hub, a rubber booth, 6 allen screws, and a thin round metal with lots of holes. anything else i'm missing?

any one knows the value of the resistor to plug in to fool the SRS, I know i'll be out of driver's air bag, but still want the passenger side air bag.

thanks,
sid

1 - 12 of 12 Posts