Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i see how everyone picks and helps one other. i need some help to pick some products that would work for some upcoming mods i want to do for myself. im not a person that works on cars, but how are you going to learn unless you jump in feet first. 1. to paint the cover for the engine cover. What is the best paint product that will stick due to the heat? 2. to paint the little pieces like the pillars, air vents, two pillars next to the sterero, and covers on the side of the door that i use to hold change, and the little pieces that next to the shifter, and last the piece that contol the setting s for the seat. if someone did these already to there ride could you type step by step. from washing, sanding, using alchol so the paint can stick. and what is the best product i can use to do this. 3. is the back tail lights i loooking to paint them with a red color so they can stay leagal without geting stop by popo. What is the best product to use for it? 4. last thing is coloring rims. if anyone have did this can you direct me to a site that step to step and what products would be used. i look forward to alot of help. thank to you guys and ill post picks .

·
Registered
102 Posts
well if you have the stock tails on it they are sae and dot compliant so no need to worry about them but i have seen them candied before

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
okay, first off I think Krylon makes a spray paint for plastic that sticks really well, SEVERAL people on her have painted thier pieces. I'm sure they can recommend the right paint for it. Surfcitylocal did an awesome step-by-step walkthrough with pics about removing the dash piece and others somewhere on this board. He can probably tell you where it is. As far as painting rims, it depends on what color you're looking for. Some manufacturers sell colored wheels, but if you're looking for a custom color you'll more than likely need them powder coated. Just painting them won't work for too long.

·
Registered
485 Posts
LuvmyxB said:
Thanks :eek: bc another topic just came up with the SAME question!! ;)
yeah but it didnt get bumped til after i made my question lol ;)

and my search function wasnt working until i cleared out some bugs on my comp. see pics below

before spybot

after spybot

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thank you

thanks all you guys for your help. ill be working on these mods and ill be post pics. one

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.