Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys I Was Woundering If Someone Can Help Me I Have Bought A Optima Red Top For My Scion Xb And I Was Trying To Install It To Replace The Oem One But The Terminals Dont Fix Correcty The Neg Fits Fine But When It Comes To The Pos Terminal It Doesnt Fit Because On The Optima Battery The Terminals Are In The Middle Of The Battery As For The Oem Is Right At The Corner I Need To No How To Make The Pos Terminal Fit Because The Wires Are Attached To A Red Platic Block How Do I Get It To Fix Right Thanks For You Help

·
Registered
121 Posts
Here is what i did....

I took that ugly red fusable link and attached a 4gauge wire to it about a foot long. then i connected the other end of the 4 gauge wire to the battery terminal. ALOT cleaner, and it doesn't look all clustered.

NOTE*** i had to use a nut and bolt to attach the wire on the fusable link... sorry i don't have pics of that, but here is my Stinger battery installed.

I hope this helps bro.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
bend the positive terminal a little bit so its not at a 45 degree angle anymore theres three xbs in our club that have done the same thing and no problems at all.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
so what did you do with the big red block i was going to connect all the wires in that box to one 4ga wire then to the battery but then i saw a plug i think it was for the abs what did you do with that or did you just leave everything together but you just took off the terminal that goes to the battery then you connected a 4ga wire to that with a nut and bolt thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.