Scion xB Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

New to the forums, first post.

I've had my XB for about a year now, 37k miles. Wanted to add fogs and didnt want to pay OEM prices for them so I purchased:

http://winjetinc.com/index.php/winj...-oem-fog-light-wiring-kit-included-clear.html

Got the lights installed using factory wiring. The issue i'm running into is the switch that the kit came with. it has a 9 pin connector (only 4 are wired) and the factory connection in the dash (what a pain to find btw) has a 4 pin connection.

In the pictures attached, the first attachment has (from left to right, the factory connector from the dash, the plug from the included wiring harness in the fog kit, and the fog switch for the dash.

The second picture is the factory plug wiring on the left, and the aftermarket one. (Green (might have a gold dot also), Green, White, grey) (Black, red, yellow, red)

Tried connecting both red to green, and the black to either grey or white and yellow to either white or grey, never could get more then the switch lights itself to power on when lights turned on.

No fuses blown so i know thats good. tested the bulbs, those work ok.

I'd rather use the factory wiring if possible for this install
I'd rather not go the route of ordering the switch from toyota if i dont have to and use the switch that came with this kit.

Can anyone please advise how I would wire this up proper? :confused:

Attachments

·
Lots o leather and copper
1,561 Posts
From the fog light switch to the factory harness in order;

Black to White

Red to Gray

Yellow to Green w/White stripe

Red to Green

This is an educated guess as without an actual wiring schematic for the fog light switch I'm guess at what the wire colors they used are.

In the car the white is definitely ground, the gray is switched power, green is illumination, and the green w/white stripe is the dimmer. As long as these are the circuits the switch needs then it should work. Did you get a wiring schematic with the fogs? If you didn't I would call them and get the schematic and use a multimeter on the factory harness to make sure you are hooking things up the way they should be rather than guessing.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
I picked up a similar kit when I had my 2010 xB. I couldn't get the crap switch that came with it to work properly, so I wound up ordering the OEM switch from TRDsparks. It cost me about $40 shipped, and was well worth it.

OEM Part number is 84160-12060

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
From the fog light switch to the factory harness in order;

Black to White

Red to Gray

Yellow to Green w/White stripe

Red to Green
after waiting almost a week for Winjet to send me the wiring diagram, they respond back that they no longer have this information available :mad:

I didnt want to have to resort to the OEM switch, but as Big_Jim and other posts i've come across on this issue, its really the only way without frustration. Spent about 3 hours on this only to have the front bumper sitting in my kitchen until i get them installed.

Should be in tomorrow. then i can wash/wax and get some pics posted :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Would those fog lights fit into a 2013 xB? I'm wanting to put some on mine but I don't want to pay 350$ for the OEM set. Also, with the housing being plastic, would HID's be practical?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi, I just got the same lights and wanted a similar infall as yours. did it work out with the OEM switch you ordered. ?

after waiting almost a week for Winjet to send me the wiring diagram, they respond back that they no longer have this information available :mad:

I didnt want to have to resort to the OEM switch, but as Big_Jim and other posts i've come across on this issue, its really the only way without frustration. Spent about 3 hours on this only to have the front bumper sitting in my kitchen until i get them installed.

Should be in tomorrow. then i can wash/wax and get some pics posted :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
To all who read this, I responded to manguman in private messages that I ordered off of Amazon the OEM Scion/Yota fog light switch, and used the factory wiring. Came out pretty decently too.
Hi, I just got the same lights and wanted a similar infall as yours. did it work out with the OEM switch you ordered. ?

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts