Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I got 15x7 40 offset rims. They hit the caliper, so I need spacers. I would like a 10mm set but can't find anyone that sells them for the xB. The only thing I have found is:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...RK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=180101619557&rd=1,1

But the universal fit makes me nervous. I contacted OTG about 10mm spacers he is out and said most likely won't make more and he only has 5mm now :mad:

Does anyone know where to get safe 10mm spacers for the front? Or has anyone used the kind from the link above without problem?

One last question: If I do find some and need longer studs where and what kind will work? I heard something like a 4runner lugs were same but longer??

This is all that stands between me mounting my rims

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
*edit*...sorry should read the entire thing before I post.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Check out H&R TRAK Spacers. That's what I have on the rear of my xB, and they make them for the front, too, in various thicknesses.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Check out H&R TRAK Spacers. That's what I have on the rear of my xB, and they make them for the front, too, in various thicknesses.
I have checked them, they make 5mm, 15mm, 20mm, 25mm for the xB. Every other car they make 10mm for, but not the xB.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
with 40 offset, get some 25mm studded spacers for front, and then get 25mm studded spacers and OTG shims for rear. Thatd be close to flush at least.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I check Ichiba, but they don't have it.
IMO with the 40mm offset you have, you might as well use 15mm spacers. then space the rears too.

good luck finding 10mm.
I was going to use 15mm but my rims don't have the depression in the back like they say you need to fit the lugs inside.

with 40 offset, get some 25mm studded spacers for front, and then get 25mm studded spacers and OTG shims for rear. Thatd be close to flush at least.
WOW 25mm up front. Don't you think that would hit fender? I was thinking about 20mm since the 15mm won't work but don't want to drop $100 to find out I'm rubbing. I don't care about super flush, just close. The stock wheels with the 10mm out back are flush enough for me.

I knew 40 offset was a bit much, but I had to have these rims cause they are so cool! I already got the OTG 10mm for the rear.

My original plan was OTG 10mm spacer front and stacked OTG 10mm = 20mm in the rear. Making the offsets relative F 30 R 20, with the extra width of the rims 7" that would be better flush than stock. I'm not looking to push the limits just a little better than stock. Maybe I'm going to have to find a shop to make me 10mm fronts??

Thanks for the replies,
Cheers

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
No it shouldnt hit fender. Mine is slightly more aggressive than that with a 3-3.5 inch drop and I dont hit. You should be fine.

I saw your first post about 5 mm, and was just curious if they wont make it clear though. 5 mm usually is enough to bump it out past the caliper, and then you wont have to worry about longer studs. Does it still hit?

Scotty

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
5mm will allow it to clear the caliper. I was just wanting 10mm or 15mm to make the rear and front even because I'm going to run 20mm total spacing in the rear.

Tell me if I have this wrong, this is how I understand it from reading here.

Stock is 6" wide and a 38 offset. The rear is sunk about 10mm more than front.

So with my new rims at 7" wide and a 40 offset that puts the outside 11mm closer flush because of the width change. If I add an additional 10mm that makes 21mm more out from stock, in front. So now with the back I already have a OTG 10mm back there, so my plan was to either stack another 10mm or get a 20mm wheel spacer to even the wheels out.

My whole point is I don't want to buy a 5mm just to mount the rims when I know I want 10-15mm spacing. I don't care about replacing the studs, front or rear I'm good mechanical wise so DIY is no problem. I was going to buy the 15mm but saw that you need rims with a hole to clear the lugs from behind like below

Mine don't have the clearence ^^^

Van from OTG refered me to a place that does custom spacers but I have a feeling they might be out of my budget. Sucks OTG isn't making 10mm anymore cause that would solve all this.

oh yeah I'm lowered at 2" also.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Yea you're right on math, but just are in a tough spot. I see what you are saying. You may end up having to settle either too swallow for your liking, or too wide. This should be a testament though that getting the right size and offset in the beginning is the best way to do it. Relieves one hell of a big headahce. You're just between a rock and hard place. May I ask what rims they are that theyre worth all the hassle?

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

^^^These are the rims I got. ^^^

The reason I got them was I got a deal For $200 new, plus I love the look. I was planning on running the rims without spacers for a while till I could get the ones I wanted (10mm) but come to find out the 6.5 xB has something different in the calipers to make these hit the calipers (I did talk to someone that had them mounted on a 05 and didn't hit, person said very close though). I saw OTG had the 10mm so I didn't worry about where to find spacers. So I go and email him to order a set and he ran out and said he didn't know if he will be running more off.

So now here I am with rims that don't fit and the only person that made 10mm spacers doesn't anymore :mad:

Hopefully the place Van suggested has good pricing, we'll see :confused: Sucks being poor cause if I had the dough I could of ordered everything at once and been good, but as they say "hind sight is 20/20."

By the way Scotty thanks to the help!!

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all the suggestions.

The mod gods blessed me with luck.

While I was searching around local I called my father in laws shop to ask him if he knew anyplace to call I missed and he just removed a set the other day of 5mm spacers to mount new rims and the owner didn't want them back. :confused: So I got them $000, went that second down there and mounted up my rims

So look in Members rides for pics :D

Thanks again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts