Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i installed my new momo steering wheel last night, get don and take the box for a ride, THEN all of a sudden my skid control light (VSC) pops up then it starts beeping and my front brakes start locking up...so I pull over...anyways at the moment my car will not go past 10MPH or else the brakes start locking up and the skid control light starts popping up and beeping....Does anybody have any idea how to fix this? HELP please

·
06.5 TCM
10,027 Posts
Ok, the reason it is happening is that you dont have the driver side air bag any more. The control module sees that a connector have been disconnected and all the safety features are acting up. The short term solution is to locate a fuse for the traction control in the fuse box (use owners manual) and pull it out. See if there is a fuse for an air bag system also. If there is -do the same. That is how it generally works on other cars- xB should be the same. See if that fixes the problem. There have to be people on this forum who changed their steering wheels. They may give you more help.
The long term solution is to install a resistor in the airbag steering wheel connector to fool the module into thinking that the air bag is still there. I dont know the specific value of the resistor but will try to find out.
And the disclaimer: you assume all riscs and fully undersand that your car's safety features have been disabled: airbag, stability control, antilock brakes etc.
Drive safely!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you for your help, i've got a resistor that came with my hum i pulgged it in yesterday and i pulled the air bag fuse, it's running ok for now, i just hope it stays that way, thanks again for your help

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.