Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all!

I have a 1st Gen scion xB.

I just rewired my side indicators and pulled them to my mirrors for an updated fresh look!

But sadly I ran into a major issue! I would appreciate any help or suggestions you can make!

I started with pulling the side marker wires up the door panel, and attached the 4" LED pink strips (the LED strips I bought: [ame]http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-Automotive-CZ-176P-Pink-Light/dp/B00BMM06QI[/ame]) to the wiring. Everything went so well on my passenger side! I have pink mirror indicators!

When I moved on to my driver's side; everything was working fine when I wired it up, but when I finally put everything back together, my fuse popped. Of course I replaced it! And it popped again; I then replaced it with a higher fuse. At that point I could get one blink out of my left-side blinker, but my right blinker would work perfectly fine.

So I pulled the wiring from the driver's side for now, and I get the full blinker functions on both sides.

My question is: should I replace the relay to support the LED strips? (Even though it's the same voltage as the original lights)

Or would I have to wire in a resistor?

Is there any other solution I am over-looking?

Thank you for your help!!

·
xB Leaving Pit Soon
1,148 Posts
The ampere draw for the few LEDs you added is not enough to cause the fuse to go open. The positive wiring appears to have contacted a ground somewhere in the install. As confirmation, complete the driver's side circuit wiring outside of the door and see whether the turn signal functions correctly. Then inspect the insulation to locate the bare wire or point of ground contact.

The turn signal mirrors look great.

·
Registered
281 Posts
you have a grounded wire some where as myopic stated. Do not change to a higher amp fuse, you run the risk of causing the wires to over heat and possibly causing a fire.

BTW do you have a link to those LED's you bought??

---------- Post added 07-30-2014 at 11:00 AM ----------

Never mind, you do have a link.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The ampere draw for the few LEDs you added is not enough to cause the fuse to go open. The positive wiring appears to have contacted a ground somewhere in the install. As confirmation, complete the driver's side circuit wiring outside of the door and see whether the turn signal functions correctly. Then inspect the insulation to locate the bare wire or point of ground contact.

The turn signal mirrors look great.
Thank you so much!
this was a ton of help, I will be inspecting everything in the morning!

once again, Thank you SO MUCH!

you have a grounded wire some where as myopic stated. Do not change to a higher amp fuse, you run the risk of causing the wires to over heat and possibly causing a fire.

BTW do you have a link to those LED's you bought??

---------- Post added 07-30-2014 at 11:00 AM ----------

Never mind, you do have a link.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4
I bought my LED strips at Pep boys! Pep Boys should know me by name at this point since I buy all of the pink LED lights!

Thank you so much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.