Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 05 xb with 37k miles on it and every time i let out the clutch it makes a loud rattling noise and you can feel the vibration in the car. It does it worse when the car is lugging and at low rpms but it still does it at all rpms, just not as bad. Is it the clutch or a heat shield?? Im at a loss.

·
Registered
110 Posts
this might sound crazy but do you have an Cold Air Intake behind the driver side light ? check it to make sure it is aligned, tightened and not able to hit anything. Cost me 60 bucks to get my rattle fixed.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You know what, i do have a SRI and it did seem to be loose the last time i checked-you may be on to something. Ill check it out.

·
Registered
110 Posts
let me know how that turns out - it sounds crazy I know - but I overthought my "knock knock" noise and couldnt figure it out at all. but everytime I didnt let the clutch out without swiss precision - it would knock knock rattle inside, I couldnt hear it in other shifts outside of 2nd gear - but I drive about 95% on the freeway only. Like I said I ended up at a pro shop and just paying the minimum labor chargeof 60 smackers - then going home and moving the snorkel away from the bumper and light assembly and re tightening the bracket screw onto the frame. it is easier with 2 people - one tohold the snorkel or filter from underneath the bumper and one to tighten it back up

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I readjusted the SRI and moved it away from the front and it seems to be not making the noise anymore. However, the rubber bushing that connects the SRI to the trans is very flexible and is possible causing it to move too much. Is there a company that sells these rubber mounts? Thanks

·
Registered
110 Posts
Probably you can get that stuff online is yourbest bet - I had to loosen the ring clamps on the snoekel and readjust - then tighten the brace arm connecting the snorkel to the body of the car.
Maybe just re install the whole thing - should only take like 45 minutes

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Seems my problem is solved!!! Took it for a drive today and no rattling! Ill keep you posted .

·
Registered
110 Posts
thats good news - at least you can imagine the worries i felt. I just bought my Scion about 4 weeks ago. and I had that knock right when I put my headers on. totally un related - but I was getting pissed cuz I thought I fucked up my new car!!!!! with my headers ...arghhhhhhhhh. it was my CAintake - phewwww.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.