Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i put a cd in and it wont play or come out? Any way to resolve this short of going to a dealership? BTW its the stock Xb pioneer stereo.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Mine did this same thing. Took it to the dealer, they told me I didn't know how to press the eject button. After fighting them they have replaced the hu 3 times for the same problem :mad:

Have now learned to rap the top of the dash while pressing the eject button, I will do this until I swap out to an aftermarket. Anoying yes, rapping pita, cheap yep.

But short of taking it to the dealer, again, I have learned to live with it, for now.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So just whack the dash while pressing eject and in theory it will come out?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yep, works on mine.

Seems it gets hung up on that wiper strip in the slot.

Do it gentle at first, you don't want to break anything.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all for tips. Tried Clockwork Orange's idea first and it worked.

·
Registered
501 Posts
My CD player has given me the same problem since I bought my 2006 xB. Now that I have my ipod, I'm not using the CD player as much, but it sure is annoying to have a new unit do it.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Glad to know it worked for you. :)

I always find it difficult to turn off my car while I am doing 65mph :rolleyes:

But we all deal with the quirks on our cars, don't we ?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I thought i was the only one with the prob of the stock stereo sucking...i just hit eject about 82 times and if that doesnt work i flip out and beat the player with my hand till it gives in lol

·
Registered
260 Posts
My stock CD player/changer locked up too, between disc3 and 4 changeover. very annoying, turning off/on the car while pushing the eject button seems to work!
Another trick that seems to work well, is to eject the whole unit from the dash, and insert a quality aftermarket head unit, that is actually, ''Satellite-Ready''!!!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
My bf got a burned disc with a bad label stuck in his

You could hear the motor trying to move it, it just couldn’t get a grip.

I ended up pulling the stereo out (leaving it connected for power) and using a straightened paperclip through one of the little holes on top to give it a nudge while pushing the eject button.

Worked great.

That’s the only time we’ve had one stuck in either of ours.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i have the same problem if there is a sticker label on there... just use a business card (paper of course) and slide it in (still holding the end dont stick it all the way in there) over the top of the cd and press the eject button always slides right out for me!

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Umm....I have one question for you guys that have this problem....Do you all smoke in your car?

I've never had anything happen like this to any of my car electronics, even the cheap stuff. Then again, I don't smoke.

I've had many friends who've had to replace their headunits because they held their cigarettes close to the unit all the time.... Just a question, and just a though.

·
Ain't too Funk to Druck.
17,243 Posts
this happened to me recently, listening to snoop doggs blue carpet treatmeant. i pressed the eject button it looked like it was stickin its tongue out on me. i kept pressing the button. switching back to radio and back to cd. then it came out. and yeah i do smoke in my car, heavily. is the nicotine resin making it all stuck boom??

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.