Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys trying to black house my stock headlihgt has anyone done this yet thanks if you have a diy that would be great also i need to no what to paint cuz i have done black housing before on hondas but there two pieces and this only has one thanks

·
Registered
546 Posts
i think there is a d.i.y. on painting the housing posted by taz somewhere ill see if i can find it...

·
Registered
162 Posts
i actually just did this over the weekend they way i did it was stick one head light in at a time at 200degrees for 10 minutes and then with a screw driver i wedged the screw driver between the headlight cover and the backing. I did that all the way around and was able to pull it apart from there. just to let you know there is a butt load of glue on it and once seperated i popped out my amber turn signals and masked of the part i didnt want to paint. For the head light i painted the part that had all the lines and stopped where the lines did so that you still have your reflective part of your lights. and as for the turn signals i painted the part that was smooth. If you look in your lights you can kinda understand what im talkin bout. There was so much blue still on the head lights i just put the head lights back together and stuck them in the oven for 10 minutes again. as for paint i used a high temp paint that you can just buy from auto zone. it turned out pretty nice a few tiny mess ups but pretty nice.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.