Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok gang im not the first cant be????
how do you empty the gas tank i have full tank in iced penny and need the fuel. plese help a guy get going
the filler neck dont go directly into tank?????:confused:

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Not sure, when I totalled my Protege5 I had just filled it up too.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
You can get an emergency roadside kit that comes with a syphoning device. I have one in my accord.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Try disconnecting the fuel line under the hood, put a line from there to a 11.9 gallon tank, turn on the key.:)

We got electric fuel pumps that keep you from tasting that 87 octane.:D

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks frogbox

where is the best place to disconect at firewall or by the attachment on side of head? ;)

Boombox the filler neck doesnt go into the tank there is a device it enters first couldnt get the tube into tank
it went in heard gas gurgle but no suction all air. ther must be a sump type device that senses the fuel and pumps it to tank when filling at pump??????

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Drats! Only other thing I can think of is to do what frogbox said, but I don't see why you'd have to turn the car on, just disconnect it right at the funneling point??

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thats a bust

well tried removing fuel line from firewall and hooking tube there then into gas can. but it would not pump without turning over the engine and the results were poor more air than fuel in clear tube. it would have taken 20-min at least of constant cranking to get 5 gallons. :(
any other ideas?????:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Jus tremove the back seat and you will see the top of the tank, remove teh access panel, and you will see the top of the pump and gauge assembly, remove that and your you can do wever you want. Dont damage the float assembly

·
Registered
8 Posts
Jus tremove the back seat and you will see the top of the tank, remove teh access panel, and you will see the top of the pump and gauge assembly, remove that and your you can do wever you want. Dont damage the float assembly

what he said about accessing the tank, then just run a jumper wire from a hot 12v source to the hot pump wire, not sure which is the power on a xb. that will turn the pump on without the car running.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Or you could just stick the siphon hose in tehtank once you remove the float assembly, I dont want you to put 12 volts on the wrong line. Just BE CAREFULL!!! If you look at the wiring diagram on scionlife you can find what wire is the 12v. I cant rememer, 2 of the wires are for the float, one is ground, one is 12volts and i think there is one more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.