Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i have the old generation2 precision muffler axleback that exits on an angle and i have a few problems...

1. i have a tc sportline rear lip and the exhaust is turning it black and covering one side with soot and crap

2. it hits the lip and rattles like crazy and quite frankly doesnt look right in there anymore.

since i hate the lip (it came with my kenstyle kit and is painted brown so im stuck with it) should i do a custom center exhaust? dual cannister center exit? side exit? or just get some cheap megan muffler or something?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
if i were you actually, i would get the TC Sportline rear lip filled, and put a turn down on the exhaust. just have the back lip filled with no exhaust being seen. i think that could have a really cool flow to your xb. and if not , then i would redo the exhaust custom and just have it exit out the same hole. i wouldnt do any of the center exit stuff or anything like that. you have a cool retro theme, and that just doesnt sound like it would have any real pattern.

scotty

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
At first i thought it slid in and out just so you can have in ummm in or out...but the sliding action actually is the scilencer mechanisim. Cool either way.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
At first i thought it slid in and out just so you can have in ummm in or out...but the sliding action actually is the scilencer mechanisim.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
excitebox said:
ok i have the old generation2 precision muffler axleback that exits on an angle and i have a few problems...

1. i have a tc sportline rear lip and the exhaust is turning it black and covering one side with soot and crap

2. it hits the lip and rattles like crazy and quite frankly doesnt look right in there anymore.

since i hate the lip (it came with my kenstyle kit and is painted brown so im stuck with it) should i do a custom center exhaust? dual cannister center exit? side exit? or just get some cheap megan muffler or something?
Got any pics?

I don't know if it'll look good, but back when I still have my MB 190E, I fab an aluminum border around the rear skirt tip cut out. I screwed it in with small flush mount allen screws. It serves as a heat shield if the muffler tip hits(no melting of skirt) black soots goes there intead of directly in the paint, and it sometimes look good with small amout of black soots.
You can normally see this on modded BMW and VW back in the 80's-90's.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
what are the two black dots on the bumper?

but yea, something like that. the TC sportline will look better filled because it has its own design in it too vs. the OEM lip with the one contour.

damn it. im gonna get to photochoppin now to look.

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
okay yea Dustin you have to do the rear bumper fill. i think it would look soooooooo sick on your ride. heres a rough photochop (oh yea, and I added the Fabulous Japan Retro tails, and lowered you) lol sorry.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
ScionScotty said:
what are the two black dots on the bumper?
i got rear ended:mad: but no worries body kit soon to come!!!

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
The exhaust opening can be easily filled:

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
squirrel said:
The exhaust opening can be easily filled:
my new kit won't even come with a cut out for the exhaust!!!:D :D

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
ScionScotty said:
red genie if im not mistaken he has
Yup, Red Genie.

I'm waiting for the Tsunami kit. And will prolly do what James did. ;)

·
Registered
974 Posts
The best thing you could ever do for yourself is go to the local parts store and pick up a cherry bomb. Then order up a Borla or Magnaflow muffler. Find a local exhaust shop that will do up a custom cat-back exhaust using those parts.

It's cheaper and performs better than any exhaust system you will find, anywhere.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ctruss said:
The best thing you could ever do for yourself is go to the local parts store and pick up a cherry bomb. Then order up a Borla or Magnaflow muffler. Find a local exhaust shop that will do up a custom cat-back exhaust using those parts.

It's cheaper and performs better than any exhaust system you will find, anywhere.
is that what you have? if so could you post a sound clip? the muffler on there now is a magnaflow universal cannister, i would just have it cut off the axleback i have on there now and welded to a new pipe. whats the largest size pipe i can go with before i lose backpressure/torque/hp? how much would it cost?

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
i wouldnt go any bigger than 2.25 probably dustin. i think mine is at 2.0 or 2.25 just so i dont lose the back pressure since im running straight pipe from almost at the cat, back.

my first exhaust for them doing new piping and slapping on a cannister was under a 100. my second exhaust i think was 60 or so. not too bad at all. just went to my local meineke and they hooked me up!

honestly, i wouldnt worry about a can. i have it straight piped and theres many on this site that can vouch for it. if you want, i can get a sound clip for ya later of mine.

scotty

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
scotty if you could post a clip that would be awesome :)

i think my game plan will be 2.25 from the cat back, no resonator, into my existing magnaflow but welded to new pipe. the quality of the pipe and welds from precision muffler is aweful i hate to say. ill just tell the muffler shop to cut it off the axleback system i bought and reweld it to teh 2.25" pipe.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.