Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Mosh_xB said:
dont mean to nitpick, but it's since '99 :)
i don't think it was even that early. it was still in the carshow circuit in 99 as the brand new vehicle. but i may be wrong but i think it was very early 00

When I initially saw the xB I didn't like it. I finally sat in a drove one probably six months ago, then again a few months ago, and I bought one, 2006.5 TCM xB. What is important, is if the car is for you, that you like it. You can also tell him that the Scion is built by Toyota, and is very reliable. I haven't had any problems with mine, having it for a few months, I am sure many people on here haven't had any problems with theirs, having them for a few years.

surfcitylocal said:
Careful now, more than few of us who drive Boxes have gray hair! :D
oops....:eek: what I meant to say to dudes dad was.... your hair may be gray when your outside the box. but once you get in the box you hair is now platinum.... sorry for any confusion :rolleyes:

I hated it with a passion too, until I actually rode in it. Then I couldn't believe how comfortable it was! My husband bought one for himself and I kept stealing it every weekend - it was such fun to drive! So ... 4 months later I just had to get myself one, too. :D That was back in February and we still love our xB's. The gas mileage is amazing, the price is amazing, and the amount of room you get is more than amazing! I hardly miss my minivan, because there's almost as much room, if not more head and legroom, even! Plus, it's wayyyy more comfy.

(Also, it's the only car I have ever heard of the resell value not dropping straight off the lot, but instead it goes up!)
Same here... Wife drove mine just 3 times, then went and traded her V8 T-Bird for her own 'box...

btw.. Welcome to the "2 box club":D

I coulda sworn the bB had been around since 97, hence the restyling in Japan. Something about a ten year run...I could be wrong...

Someone with a true JDM heart help out with this!!!

Either way, If you look in the nooks and crannies of the box you'll see Toyota Badging everywhere. If Your dad knows anything about that darn-fangled foreign Toy-ota farfenueggen, then he'd know that it's a solid vehicle. Plus, the mpg is 2nd to none when it comes to efficiency, they're VERY stylish, and the other automakers are only to follow suit, so you might as well get what started the new trend.

Oh, btw, I ended up 'hitting' a raccoon just months after I got my car....It just bounced off and ran away, not a dent or scrape on the car.

I'm on my second '06.5. I just got done waxing my TCM. It has 720 miles on it. If I crashed it like my PW '06.5 I'd buy another. These cars are special in a way that only people who own them can understand. All of you rock!:cool:

Seriously. The reason you want the car i because it calls out to you. I've never owned a vehicle that I've been more proud of than my xB. Believe me, I've had some nice cars. To name them all, here goes, from first to latest: 87 Chevy Spectrum, 97 Pontiac Grand Am, 88 Mazda RX/7, 90 Toyota Tercel, 92 Honda Accord, 2005(.5) Scion xB.

In order from most favorite to least: 2005 Scion xB, 87 Chevy Spectrum (It was my first car, and well, you guys know how firsts are) RX/7, Grand Am, Accord, Tercel - HOWEVER, anyone that drove an early 90's tercel should agree with me it's a lot like driving a box....

Anyways, To the father of the person wanting the car. PLEASE let him get the Scion, you won't regret it. Oh, and he'll do all the grocery shopping.....The box is the new aged grocery getter......Can we say modern gremlin?? LMAO

Keep in mind that once you get an xB, you get the 'mod' bug. first it starts off casually with painting a few things here and there, and before you know it, You've got a body kit and a million tv's in the car.......

No, not really, but taking a car that's enjoyable to drive and doing things to it that makes it MORE enjoyable, really makes you proud of something. If you get it, just keep it clean, and take care of it.

need backup! my dad hates the XB

My dad wouldn't say anything at first. But after him and mom took it for a drive, def changed their minds. They did comment about people pointing and waving tho.

It's common for car companies to restyle cars every 3-5 years to keep them current and up to date.

The xB has only been on sale in America for what, about2.5 years, but it has been available in Japan since 1999.

Needless to say, the xB has been available worldwide long enough that it is due for a styling change. It not because something is wrong with it or anything like that.

I'm willing to bet your dad actually has a problem with the xB because he is one of those close-minded people that believes you should only buy American cars. Sorry to say, but imported cars are much higher quality than anything comming out of Michigan.
Toyota has more plants in America than the so called big three, Toyota is more of an American made car than.........an American car! LOL ;)

^^ Very true, but all 3 scions are made in japan.
They're also produced on the Lexus lines and are held to the same strict quality assurances.
The first time I saw a box I thought it was the fugliest thing I'd ever laid my eyes on. A friend of mine bought one and she let me drive it a short distance, after that I thought it was wierd, but kinda cool.
The same friend came and spent a couple weeks with us before thanksgiving this year and drove her 04' box up from FL. She made me drive that thing quite a bit over the 2 weeks because she knew I was getting ready to replace my caddy, (love the Northstar) and thought I should get a box too.
Thats all it took to sell me. I got mine day before yesterday, BOP one and I couldn't be happier with it. This thing is almost like custom tailored to fit me and it's way more comfortable than either of my cad's were.
I absolutely LOVE this box! (doing the happy dance)

Ok DAD.... Have you done any research? Take a look at Consumer reports. Not only are the ratings off the charts in all areas, but it also comes with a recommended sticker. You don't get much higher then that. Hopefully he will poke his nose around and see this is one of the best vehicles out there.

Tracy

Iam 54 and have one

Tack big dad to toyota and see a sales manger then look up consumer reports on the xb , they love this car and if that does not work call sicion and have then tack to him my cars in my life 67vw,71 ford, 2 pintos oh yes they where good, 63 ford facon, 71 nova, 81 ford ranger, 85 240 volvo then a 04 toyota tacoma and said **** it only gets 20mpg on a good day so when gas went to over 3.40 in Ca. I went down to scion came home with Xb best car I have ever owned. I get 30mpg intown and about 35 on the freeway, but at half tank it cost me less than $$$$$$ 20.00 to fill up. Till dad that, ps I know some times dads just dont know about things, and iam 54 years old on Monday and I drive one . Ps my wife has a Matrix 03 OH yes get it in white that what mine is and if this does not work go back to toyota and what at where they change the oil and ask xb oners what they think of them .

21 - 40 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.