Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Me and my dad started looking at cars and I really really want the Scion XB but he keeps reading about how the car is being discontinued and production for the current XB is being stopped and he thinks its because the cars are faulty or there is a big problem with them. I keep trying to tell him that all Scions are going to be getting a redisign every so often but he doesnt believe me that they would do this if the car was selling well.

I need help! Stuff that I can use to prove to him that the XB is a great car and there is no problems with it. Any links about Scion's marketing strategy would help! Any info on why the XB is a good buy would work, thanks guys! I will be showing him this thread when I have stuff that I can use!

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
sirplayalot said:
Hey guys. Me and my dad started looking at cars and I really really want the Scion XB but he keeps reading about how the car is being discontinued and production for the current XB is being stopped and he thinks its because the cars are faulty or there is a big problem with them. I keep trying to tell him that all Scions are going to be getting a redisign every so often but he doesnt believe me that they would do this if the car was selling well.

I need help! Stuff that I can use to prove to him that the XB is a great car and there is no problems with it. Any links about Scion's marketing strategy would help! Any info on why the XB is a good buy would work, thanks guys! I will be showing him this thread when I have stuff that I can use!
Scion isn't discontinuing the xB because of problems with it. Scion doesn't want too many xB's running around or else they wouldn't be unique anymore. That's the only reason they're selling them. I've had no problems with my xB and I've had it for a year. If you get the new "Siphon" magazine there's a small article in about why Scion is discontinuing the xB and xA. I'm sure some other people on the site have some links to the reason why Scoin is discontinuing the xB. But I recommend if you are getting an xB get it fast because I believe that they are stopping production in two weeks. :( bye bye xB. :(

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
^what she said!

sirplayalot said:
but he keeps reading about how the car is being discontinued and production for the current XB is being stopped and he thinks its because the cars are faulty or there is a big problem with them.
so if he thinks like that, does that mean that the Ferrari Enzo has some problems with it other than the price? LOL!!! :D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
I think the xB/bB has been around since 98' in Japan. Any Consumer Reports mag. or any other site for auto reviews will tell him how reliable they are.

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Here have your dad read this.http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06314/737329-185.stm #1 You might also point out to him that used Scion xB's are selling for more than a new one. If you buy any other car as soon as you drive off the lot it will drop $1,000's in value. Also The harder it is to find one the more it will be worth and this car has a following. #2 It's a toyota a very reliable car and has lots of features that are included in the base price that are add on's on most cars. #3 Low price and no haggle policy very fair. #4 That's what you want and will appreciate it more and therefore take better care of it and don't forget to say Please.
Good Luck

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Nice article Carl, I haven't read that one.

·
mertechperformance
1,478 Posts
show him this thread and any and all consumer reports. if he holds the same opinion sorry to say but he's dense.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ChromiumSteel said:
Did he drive one?

No he never drove one but I brought one home from work one day and he sat in it but didnt drive it...

I dont know what it is about this car that he hates!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Mad_Sciontist said:
Here have your dad read this.http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06314/737329-185.stm #1 You might also point out to him that used Scion xB's are selling for more than a new one. If you buy any other car as soon as you drive off the lot it will drop $1,000's in value. Also The harder it is to find one the more it will be worth and this car has a following. #2 It's a toyota a very reliable car and has lots of features that are included in the base price that are add on's on most cars. #3 Low price and no haggle policy very fair. #4 That's what you want and will appreciate it more and therefore take better care of it and don't forget to say Please.
Good Luck
This is the main point to stress. It's a no brainer. You tell him if he doesn't want you to keep it, he can make a profit from reselling it.:eek:

Bring it home, let him drive it around. He should love it.:D

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
I hated it with a passion too, until I actually rode in it. Then I couldn't believe how comfortable it was! My husband bought one for himself and I kept stealing it every weekend - it was such fun to drive! So ... 4 months later I just had to get myself one, too. :D That was back in February and we still love our xB's. The gas mileage is amazing, the price is amazing, and the amount of room you get is more than amazing! I hardly miss my minivan, because there's almost as much room, if not more head and legroom, even! Plus, it's wayyyy more comfy.

(Also, it's the only car I have ever heard of the resell value not dropping straight off the lot, but instead it goes up!)

·
Registered
869 Posts
FOR GOD'S SAKE CHILD IS A TOYOTA!.....HOW CAN YOU GO WRONG!.....i have driven mine for over a year and it still runs and drives as good as the day i bought it!.....what kind of car does he want???.....this car was ranked #2 in its class by consumer reports.....i think that says alot about it thease are great cars very reliable and very easy to work on when the car gets older

·
Registered
361 Posts
well I'd have to say your dad hating it means your on the right track.
I'm sure his dad didnt like that damn "rock N roll" he listened to back in the day. same story different generation....
as for dad:
common pops I'm sure Jr. will even let you ride in it. if you can do something about that gray hair....

·
Registered
310 Posts
Padanky said:
I think the xB/bB has been around since 98' in Japan. Any Consumer Reports mag. or any other site for auto reviews will tell him how reliable they are.
dont mean to nitpick, but it's since '99 :)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
RAIDERBEAST said:
common pops I'm sure Jr. will even let you ride in it. if you can do something about that gray hair....
Careful now, more than few of us who drive Boxes have gray hair! :D

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Mosh_xB said:
dont mean to nitpick, but it's since '99 :)
Whatever You! :)

·
Registered
974 Posts
It's common for car companies to restyle cars every 3-5 years to keep them current and up to date.

The xB has only been on sale in America for what, about2.5 years, but it has been available in Japan since 1999.

Needless to say, the xB has been available worldwide long enough that it is due for a styling change. It not because something is wrong with it or anything like that.

I'm willing to bet your dad actually has a problem with the xB because he is one of those close-minded people that believes you should only buy American cars. Sorry to say, but imported cars are much higher quality than anything comming out of Michigan.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Consumer Reports and major newspapers will have proof on the reliability and safety aspects. Edmunds.com has a ton of information on why the xB is an editor's and consumer's best buy for the past two years - plus resale feedback.
However, it sounds more like your Dad might have issues with the style, design or looks of the box. If there ever comes a point for hauling around Christmas gifts to/from your house and barely making a dent in fuel costs when compared to the space inside.. well.. like it's been said, just take him for a test drive, dammit!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.