Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So Im going through some total BS with the dealer where I bought my used Box @. they called me to bring the car back to get it smogged - well I have done some mods on it and either the CAi and Header unit needs to come off and the Stock be put back or I need ARB numbers for the Greddy Airnx and Headers I have.
I know they are street legal but does anyone know where I can get the ARB numbers to give to these clowns so I can get the car registered.??
any help would help. I'd even go as far as using other Manfct. #'s if I can get those -

·
Registered
916 Posts
By ARB numbers you mean Carb stickers??? Im not sure if Greddy's stuff is Carb apporved but to check, you will have to contact an authorized Greddy Dealer. The dealer will call Greddy and check for you and will send out the Carb sticker to you. Or you can call Greddy yourself and they will send you the CARB sticker if there is one.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yah I am finding that out the hard way - so get this the dealer has agreed to remove all my Greddy Equip, replace the OEM crap - smog it and then return my Greddy Equip to the way it was. wich is good - but now Im worried that if they rush it or dont tlet the heads cool off overnight that I wil end up with damages on my Greddy Headers or Cold Air Intake, or even worse damages to my engine !!! sucks - Im gonna try and get out of it again tell them I am out of the country so they need to just find the paperwork that they lost.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
So the dealer screwed up and lost the smog paperwork? I guess their offer to swap the parts out to do the smog is fair. You really do want them to handle the smog on the car. Otherwise it will end up being your problem when you have to register next. But I would request they give you a loaner vehicle while they have your car. There should be no reason for you to be inconvenienced.

I would also push for them to warranty those aftermarket parts (at least the installation) along with whatever warranty you have with them on the car. They screwed up. They are the ones that will be removing and reinstalling the parts. It isn't likely that anything will go wrong, but you never know what may happen. The warranty will cost them nothing as long as nothing goes wrong. And you purchased high quality aftermarket parts. (Higher quality than most of the other Scion owners out there.) Any of their techs should be able to recognize that.

Good luck.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yup they screwd up - but they are going to get me the loaner car since no greddy Parts are CARB for XB yet - ( in the works according to Greddy )
I will definitely be asking for an invoice for everything they do - so i can keep it for my records. Hopefully the Toyota Techs will be careful with it - but so far my experience at this dealer has been pretty "slim shady" .
the only good thing out of that place is my box w/ the mods. otherwise its all shot to hell if it were not for my little car :)
But thank you for your words - it helps

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
not sure if I ever finished up here - but hey put me in a Corolla for the weekend, let the intake stay on, but not the headers. they removed them and replaced with oem stock. due to the legality or illegality of my headers they could not put them back on. but did make good and give me a check for 200 dollars to get them installed on my own. also gave me a 1/2 a tank of gas and a mini detail/ car wash . so im good. kept the money for heat wrap and a couple of gifts. floor jack, stands and an mp3.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.