Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
whats uop guys i was wondering where i can find a switch that fits in the dash where you have 3 holes for the switch. i have one hole filled with the fog light switch. and then there is 2 left. i just can't find the switch. thanks

Dustin

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Mine came with my HotGlow Neon kit and fits in those blanking plates nicely.

I would also agree to check out Radio Shack, but you can also try any auto parts store and see if they have anythig.

-Alex

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
dewred21 said:
whats uop guys i was wondering where i can find a switch that fits in the dash where you have 3 holes for the switch. i have one hole filled with the fog light switch. and then there is 2 left. i just can't find the switch. thanks

Dustin
Believe it or not the best switch for the dash can be found at Lowe's. I found a local electronics store that carries them as well. If you can't find it at Lowe's let me know and I'll get one for you. Here's how they look:

They are a direct fit, no modding needed.

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
you can find simple rocker switches at most electronic shops. I have this local hole in the wall place by me where I got these. They even light up red when on :D You can cram alot of switches into those spaces if you can find the right size. I had to use this space b/c the ones on my center console are already taken with an alarm, fog lights, and my bass knob. One of those switches controls my halos, one is a dummy for my inside LEDs (when i get them) and the last one worked my neons, but I replaced those with the remote SoundQuest LED ones and those came in a whole separate box :D Radio shack will definatley have something

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
and before I had those three I had the same one surf has above from Lowes and it does fit perfectly

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Dew said:
and before I had those three I had the same one surf has above from Lowes and it does fit perfectly
Mine has a "track off" button there, was that not available on your year?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you could also take out the dimmer switch i don't use it i could have 6 buttons over there that would be even cool 3 on each hole

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
yeah mine has that, It's just hanging behind those switches in the dash itself. If I really wanted to turn it off (haven't found a reason to yet) then I can reach it through the hole for the fuses down below :)

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Dew said:
yeah mine has that, It's just hanging behind those switches in the dash itself. If I really wanted to turn it off (haven't found a reason to yet) then I can reach it through the hole for the fuses down below :)
Cool, I have been looking for another spot to place some switches. I put this one in to replace the lame @ss one the dealer put in for the under dash lights

I don't think the track system is doing a whole lot for me here in So Cal. We don't get much snow at the beach. Thanks for the idea!

BTW, I happen to be in Pep Boys today and saw a new switch. It's like the fighter jet ones with the safety cover but the cover on this one is carbon fiber. Doesn't fit exactly with my interior but it looks great!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that would be cool if you could put like 10 switches on the roof right by the window like a airplane.

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
dewred21 said:
that would be cool if you could put like 10 switches on the roof right by the window like a airplane.
Sweet, wire up each led and cold cathode individually!

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
BTW, I happen to be in Pep Boys today and saw a new switch. It's like the fighter jet ones with the safety cover but the cover on this one is carbon fiber. Doesn't fit exactly with my interior but it looks great!
hmm,... interesting... I may have to check it out .... :D

·
Egistered Ruser
1,227 Posts
dewred21 said:
nice, and then I'll cut the top and bottom portions of my steering wheel off too! And add enough guages and dials to shame any Honduh driver :p Then get an inflatable co-pilot!!

"Roger Roger, what's your vector Victor?"

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
dewred21 said:
that will be pretty cool
And stop calling me Roger, Roger.

"I picked a bad day to quit sniffing glue"

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
sorry to hear you stoped sniffing glue, whats next sniffing air, lol jk don't do that your die!

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
dewred21 said:
sorry to hear you stoped sniffing glue, whats next sniffing air, lol jk don't do that your die!

It's a line from the movie Airplane...just to clarify. I don't sniff glue...whipped cream cans work so much better. :eek:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.