Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah so i was at church yesterday and a little old lady hit my car luckly i was standing at the door passing out things when it happened and i saw it well i went out and told her she hit my car and she said " I didnt hit your car." so i showed her and she said "i didnt do that it must have been you." so as i am gettign extremly hacked by now i go get the pastor (by the way i am the youth minister at this church) and tell him what is going on he said i already know she came and talked to me and told me you hit her car..... he starts laughing and says "i know that is not true because 9 peoeple where at the door with you and saw it and told me... i will go talk to her and see what i can do in the mean time you go finish the flyers" so i go and he comes back and calls me inside and says " she is the biggest supporter of or church and she said i needed to take care of this she did not hit your car.... SO this is what i am going to tell you either you pay for it or you start something you wont beable to finish...." so i go ouside to call the police and the pastors son is moving the ladies car to the back.... i go inside and the pastor says that i am out of luck now the police wont even look at it.... i call them anyway and as i already knew they could not do anything...... I AM VERY ANGRY RIGHT NOW!!!! she did 600 dollars of damage and i have to put it on my insureance or pay out of pocket..... i am so bumbed out right now my car is only 3 weeks old :(

·
Registered
288 Posts
Report it as a hit and run. Then leave that church. Seriously the pastor should know better than to use an excuse like she is the biggest supporter? It shows you where he is putting his faith at.:mad:

BTW I was a youth pastor for 6 years.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Wow, that seems pretty “unchristian.”

I mean isn’t a “man of God” supposed to adhere to a higher moral code, and If “9 people” witnessed the hit why won’t any of them do the right thing? Why would you want to continue to worship with such hypocrites? And if the lady is such a big spender on the church then why can’t she afford to pay for the damage she caused?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
If you have witnesses it dosen't matter what she believes. You can talk to her and tell her you will report it as a hit and run which is grounds for arrest. Or she can pay up. You can talk to the police and your insurance company also to see what you can do.

·
Registered
201 Posts
dude, if you wanted to know. if and when you take here to SCcourt suit for emotional distress. that will really burn her, and to be honest you seem really distress after you just dropped at least 17,000 on this car(added TT&L).

p.s. above everything, just pray about it.

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Do you know who the nine other people are that witnessed the hit? Are any of them willing to say so? If no on either of those questions I doubt you’ll get anywhere. Also, I’m not the church type, but is there any higher level than the pastor that you can appeal to? (Though again, if no one is willing to step up as witness its back to just your word.) What sucks is if it had been you that hit her and denied it this would be going completely differently.

Good luck, wish I had a hookup to offer on the repair.

·
I'm fast in a slow way.
1,947 Posts
Rich women p#ss me off, and Old women p#ss me off, but rich old women REALLY p#ss me off.

Rich women think because they are rich they are above you, Old women think that because they are old they deserve to be nasty....and RICH OLD WOMEN think that they are practicaly GODS, and most of them only use church to climb social ladders.

Check with your witnesses, and have them sign legal statements that they saw her hit your car, before she can pay them off, or the preacher-man can brain wash them, then say either she pays for it, or file it as a hit and run. If you have the witnesses behind you, you have her by the balls...or...uhm...the saggy boobs.

***If I sound very bitter towards old ladies here, it's because I am. I have yet to meet a nice old woman that didn't have alterior motives. I guess it does not help that my Grandma hates me either... LOL

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
all witnesses are prepared to tell anyone and everyone she did it... but at this point i am just trying to get her to answer her phone..... small claims court is bogus anyway, even if i win she wont pay and there is nothing i can do about it.... but i did take it to a body shop it will cost $680 to fix and my cousin (he owns the body shop told me that since i am going to put an aftermarket bumper it is retarted to fix it so i need to find a front end kit. but if i put affter market parts on the car i have to pay taxes on them when i go to the tag agency next week... i have to wait at least 30 days before i put aftermarket parts on in oklahoma... Crap i think, i cant leave the church either that just isnrt enough to make me leave my youth group.... not fair to them..... i will just have to remain pissed and pay out of pocket.... if you guys no of any cool front ends (not just lip kits) please let me know....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.