Scion xB Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
There's two star bolts on each side of the steering wheel on its back housing. Unscrew those and carefully lift the center of the wheel out. From there you'll see a few little phillips screws attaching the silver pieces to the wheel. Unscrew those and they come off. I would also disconnect the battery and wait a few minutes before messing with the wheel. Wouldn't want the airbag to accidently diploy.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
woops... you beat me to it mad max. Guess I gotta type faster. :p

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
gotta have ninja quickness:D I really like ur xb by the way Xbcreep im waitin on progress coilovers now ur the reason i wanted them after seein how low urs was.:)

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
gotta have ninja quickness:D I really like ur xb by the way Xbcreep im waitin on progress coilovers now ur the reason i wanted them after seein how low urs was.:)
Thanks!!!! For the price you can't beat the progress coilovers. Gets you low with a pretty decent ride.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just out of couriosity.... I tried to get those bolts out and mine were like welded in or something because I used just about everything I had to try and break them loose. Any ideas on how to get them out easier????

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Just out of couriosity.... I tried to get those bolts out and mine were like welded in or something because I used just about everything I had to try and break them loose. Any ideas on how to get them out easier????
Mine were like that too the first time taking them out. The torque bits that I have are fitted inside a 1/2" drive sockets, so they can be used with socket wrenches. With these it's easier to get leverage on them to CAREFULLY break them loose.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts