Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

NE ONE own a muffler shop (sfv)

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  boxd_up 
#1 ·
Anyone here own a muffler shop in the San Fernando Valley area. I bought an axle back for my xb and love it, but it was rattling against the suspension in the back. So I took it over to a shop by my office here and after an hour the guy charges me a 3rd of what I already spent and now everything looks like poop. I cant spend anymore on this exhaust so if there is anyone that can just help me out I would really appreciate it.

Thanks guys
Shawn

#2 ·
Sesh1975 said:
Anyone here own a muffler shop in the San Fernando Valley area. I bought an axle back for my xb and love it, but it was rattling against the suspension in the back. So I took it over to a shop by my office here and after an hour the guy charges me a 3rd of what I already spent and now everything looks like poop. I cant spend anymore on this exhaust so if there is anyone that can just help me out I would really appreciate it.

Thanks guys
Shawn
well i had the same problem with my sp2 i had my muffler guy redo the rear it was like 25 bucks but its in 626

#3 ·
I love my exhaust, but the rattle got the best of me. I took it in to have it fixed meaning that I wanted the "hump" in the pipe just rebent. I came out to something other than that. Im really bummed out about this. Maybe another shop. But my wife is going to kill me if I spend another dime on this exhaust.

#4 ·
Sesh1975 said:
I love my exhaust, but the rattle got the best of me. I took it in to have it fixed meaning that I wanted the "hump" in the pipe just rebent. I came out to something other than that. Im really bummed out about this. Maybe another shop. But my wife is going to kill me if I spend another dime on this exhaust.
lol well you can try my guy his pretty cool and i think you would be happy

#6 ·
I agree with you about the clamp. Ive had 2 people on this thing many times. It just didnt get bent in the exact place it should have. I have the Magnaflo on there and it used to sit flat. It would come over the suspension and drop back down then run flat to the back of the car with a nice angle to it for the "JDM Style" look. I told the guy at this shop, EXACTLY how I wanted it and just needed him to change the bend slightly. When Im told my car is ready, he has cut out the entire pipe and welded this other piece in so now the pipe goes up over the suspension, then drops from the top of the hump straight down to the exit at the valance, Heres a quick diagram to explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.