Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 years ago at the international car show I fell in love with a quirky little -not really a van, not really an SUV - box of a car. My family thought it was the ugliest thing they had ever seen. To me it looked a bit like the CatBus from "My Neighbor Totoro" had sprung to life.
Saturday I adopted a 2006 Black Cherry Pearl xB from Scion of Greenville in South Carolina. I am so in love with this car.
It came with some fancy rims on it but we arent keeping them. There are things I would love to do to it but fancy rims just arent something that blow my skirt up. It has foglights, cruise control, tinted windows, billet grills (3 of them), the Ipod stereo (which is just too cool). I cant get over how roomy it is.
I hope in the near future to get the cargo net, a spoiler, a roof rack (would it look stupid to have a spoiler AND a roof rack? as much as I want it to be cool, I have 2 small kids and this is my Mom-mobile). Lets see, what else, Oh I have no idea what they are called but the chrome strips on the inside of the doors, the rubber strip for the back bumper. Yes I have had it 2 days and have already got a picture in my mind of what it will grow up to be.
Thankfully my husband works at the Toyota lot as a service writer so we get a discount!!

Do you all name your cars? Ive been trying to think of a good name.

Anyway, I figured there were clubs out there for owners because its such an awsome and fun car. Im glad to have found you all (I followed a link from a LiveJournal Community)!

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the club!

·
Registered
208 Posts
all my friends/family hated it @ first as well, but then they grew to love it!

i've named all my other cars, but this one just kept "the box" & "the square"

·
ClubxB's OG Member
22,258 Posts
Padanky said:
Congrats and welcome to the club!
what he said! :D

i wish my xB is a "Catbus" because i want it to jump and run fast all over the place. :D

·
Super Moderator
16,212 Posts
Welcome to the family, TigerLily! (Real name?)

Boy, sounds like the mod bug bit you hard already! Lookin' forward to your xB's growth. How 'bout some pics before you take the wheels off?

*Edit* Opps, just saw your profile......... :eek:

Very nice indeed!

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Welcome! Mine is a "Mom-car" too, AND it's my very first brand new car - bought in February. Congratulations to you, and again, welcome! :D

·
Registered
206 Posts
welcome...glad to have you here!! have fun with your new xb:D

·
Registered
501 Posts
Welcome! Also my first new car (aged 43), and I too loved it the first time that I ever saw one.

I call mine L. Ron Hubbard (see screen name and think about Scientology, or "Sciontology", as it says on my radio when I start up the box).

I also call mine the Blue Box of Justice, because I'm a criminal defense attorney.

I think that the roof rack would look fine with a spoiler.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I read that first as Juice Box of Justice (ha!)
I like the Sciontology:)

Thanks for the warm welcomes all.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Welcome to the family

my xb was also my first New car...4th car...my first was an 89 excel...could barely do 80 downhill

·
bB SQUAD!!!
2,793 Posts
Welcome to the club... You are in the right family...

my brothers and friends calls my box "GUMBY" (i have the RS 3.0)...

·
Registered
78 Posts
dont get rid of the rims...those look soo good. mine came with stock 15's and hubcaps and they look horrible in my opinion. but if you do get rid of them maybe we could do a trade. your rims for my stockies and some $$... let me know. here's what they look like

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.