Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Nice looking cooler. Any Idea how many more horse's? I have been looking into this but could not find any articles on added horse power.

·
Banned
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!

Hey all, thanks for all the comments and support! I really appreciate it and really makes me glad I took the risk of this install. Now to the questions. This is a twin ball bearing T-3 Turbo, it is the perfect size for all the calculations for the xb and a lot of time was put into finding this turbo to be the correct size. Roughly right now with out the upgraded custom equal length manifold and only running 6 psi we are running close to 160 whp. This might seen unreasonable to those who have looked into turbo's, but I have to disagree. This turbo when installed was tested and made so all the piping we stainless steel, mandrel bends, and the least amount of resistance. Then with all the fine tuning we have been able to push it to the max! We completely redesigned the xb's computer system so there is no problem with the learning mechanism.
Now as for a ride, might not be in your area for sometime so if you are ever in the area even for just a lay over let me know! I live RIGHT in down town Seattle and would love to come show it off some time!
Now if anyone knows of any companies that would be interested in a sponsorship let me know, I am looking into taking this to SEMA and showing up to some major car shows. Last, Alex I noticed you work with Scion, any chance of finding a job opening with any Scion dealerships around my area? I could sure use the referral! Thanks and once again I appreciate all the support!

·
Registered
10 Posts
you should cover the intercolor with something so no one can see it ...lol..how much did it cost you for everything?id love to have a 13 sec box..and as for the greedy turbo kit is that legal???i thought the box had no carbs on any of the sc/turbos// for cali ..

·
Banned
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thought about covering it but I just think it looks mean with that all open! I might after the intercooler gets a little more banged up but for now!~~

·
Super Moderator
16,212 Posts
That's just wicked!

My oh my! I'd love to be ridin' shotgun with ya when some jerk pulls up next to you, then finds himself staring at your tailights thinking "I got smoked by a flying brick!" :D :D :D Can't wait to see what you have in store for your box, keep it up, we're all sooooo proud!

·
Banned
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks very much! I have proven quite a few people wrong with the xb. A 97 Acura Integra Greddy Turbo! Even gave a lancer Evolution a run for his money! I am scaring the crap out of a lot of Honda's and I love it! Thanks for the replies I appreciate it~

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Sweet! I've never seen anything like that before, of course I would ask what is showing through the grille if I didn't know you. But I do agree, it does look "mean". That's one Mean @$$ box!!:)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
MussBus said:
Last, Alex I noticed you work with Scion, any chance of finding a job opening with any Scion dealerships around my area? I could sure use the referral! Thanks and once again I appreciate all the support!
Unfortunately, I just work for a dealership, not Scion Corp. directly. However, I do have the ear of a few people and will be "networking" with a few more next month in Miami. If I come accross anybody from your area I'll be sure to pass along your info.

IMO, EVERY Scion store needs a Scion champion in order to sell these cars properly. The best person for this job (again IMO) is an enthusiastic owner such as yourself. If I can do anything for you, I will.

And I'm totally taking you up on that offer for a ride if I get out that way again!

-Alex

·
Super Moderator
16,212 Posts
grizzly_choppers said:
IMO, EVERY Scion store needs a Scion champion in order to sell these cars properly. The best person for this job (again IMO) is an enthusiastic owner...
-Alex
Funny you should say that, Alex. My boys here in SD (San Diego, not South Dakota! :D ) will tell you how I took this same notion to a dealership in Nat'l City, figuring "who better to sell Scions than someone who has a passion for them." For some reason, they couldn't understand where I was coming from, and I bought my Tacoma and my Celica from these guys..... go figure!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
Just wondering how you are getting around the fuel management problem, and ECU. I know about EManage, and running the return line. Also, did you tap the block or oil pan for oil line on the turbo?

·
Banned
528 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sold! Just picked up the new :D Green Machine! Trying to design a catchy overlay for the back window any ideas?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.