Registered
1,418 Posts
seat belt f/yes... car will get fixed you & loved ones priceless

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hummm

Hey everyone,

After hearing abought the rear-end. I was wondering if it's just me or is everyone getting this feeling that a lot of cars get to close to the box's? I mean, everytime I stop at a stoplight I'm a bit worried that I'm going to get rear-ended. Cars keep stopping way to close. If there is a theory to explain the attraction of a driver to xB that makes them have to be less than 12in to my bumber. What's everyone take on this?:confused:

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
nokknight01 said:
Hey everyone,

After hearing abought the rear-end. I was wondering if it's just me or is everyone getting this feeling that a lot of cars get to close to the box's? I mean, everytime I stop at a stoplight I'm a bit worried that I'm going to get rear-ended. Cars keep stopping way to close. If there is a theory to explain the attraction of a driver to xB that makes them have to be less than 12in to my bumber. What's everyone take on this?:confused:
thats a big yes

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Rodek said:
Glad you and the family are ok. Although I'm mad at the other driver for injuring a Box, I hope they are ok too.

The way I see it, it's time to start customizing! :)
yes you can go c/f deck lid i would say chepper than OEM PART JUST A GUESS

·
HORNBLASTER
446 Posts
Thats a big yes with about 5 times of people not payin attention and screechin to a stop lucky i pay attention to people behind me and luckly leave enough room for me to scoot up some to avoid that unlucky event . :mad: But on the bright side u can get the body shop to shave ur wiper hole on the rear since the have to paint the rear hatch lol

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Glad no-one got hurt in the accident, it's sad to read many a posts about boxes getting rear ended.

nokknight01 said:
Hey everyone,

It happens QUITE often, and I purposely hit the brakes hard when I have someone tailgating me like that. It shows them that I know they're there, and if they don't watch it, then they WILL hit me.....When I'm asked by police what happened, I'll just say that I had no idea they were there, and that I just brake a bit hard - my past vehicles will vouch on that one!

I think the people are just idiots and think it's 'cool' to ride up close to your car because it's basically chopped off on the back.

·
Registered
2004 Scion xB RS 1.0 #788
2,912 Posts
nokknight01 said:
Hey everyone,

I'd have to agree with that one. Every time I'm stopped and look in my rearview mirror there is some car on my butt. It makes me so mad.

·
Registered
869 Posts
short bus said:
im with short bus that may be cheaper than your deductable.....and i would find a rear bumper off of another xb that is the same color.....possibly someone that bought a body kit and dosent need it anymore????

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
short bus said:
Its too early to know but that is what I was kind of thinking especially if her (the lady who hit us) insurance covers it.

How much for that hatch?
Where can I order it?

·
Registered
1,418 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
MrF - hope you still enjoy getting the xB after this unfortunate incident. Glad to hear everyone's ok.. stupid bastards ALWAYS have to get too close.

And sometimes it seems like people who NEED to see what model/type car it is, who's driving it and/or what the inside is like.. as they need to inch closer to see through the rear window!

(Hey, I love the attention the box gets.. but come on. At least check it out while it's parked..)

·
Nor*Cal's Most Hated
3,841 Posts
If you were rear-ended, then you were Party 2 and not at fault. Meaning, you shouldn't have to come out of pocket for anything.

Sorry to hear, but the main thing is that everyone in the car is OK.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Her insurance should cover everything squirrel. She was saying " I am sorry its all my fault." My insurance said I need to go after her insurance for diminished value becuase it is brand new and a acceident will show up on the car fax. I was also going to see if the body shop can put aftermarket parts on instead of stock. Streetracinglife.com has a front and rear body kit for $300 and a carbon fiber rear hatch for $450. The dealer already owes me some front end touch up (the bumped something with the hood and bumper leaving scatches) and that is where we were headed when this happened. I told the dealer what happened and the said the bodyshop might be able to work something out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.