Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 2 ½ months and less then 2500 miles some idiot decides to play bumper cars while I am sitting at a red light and rear ends my Torched Penny:mad: , and if that’s not bad enough the maggot runs away after she has done it:eek: . Luckily a number of people were able to get her license plate #. And to make matters worst the idiot insurance adjuster has not noted all the damage that’s done, plus he wrote on the claim report that my penny is Black Cherry pearl, like I am going to let them paint my baby Black Cherry Pearl. As of right now the adjuster has give an estimate of $ 8000 and that’s with Black Cherry Pearl paint. I was wondering if anyone had a problem of getting the paint matched, and the cost of the paint job.

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
been there done this

just now getting mine back after almost two months. and the paint is more expensive to mix but eaiser to blend than normal because of the enormas amount of flip. i have a pdf file from toyota corp you will need to give body shop about paint. pm me e-mail addy and ill send it your way. and i do believe the ins adjusters are blind. orig estimate 5300.00 brown paintnot even a toyota color. we are sitting at about 11,000.00 so far. read my thread it will help. also find others in your area and go to the shop that quality work can be vouched for. :) sorry to here about your car im still going crazy waiting. be patient with shop and they will do quality work. there is so much support here and in the scion community you will be ok ;)

http://www.clubxb.com/forums/f29/6591-penny-ice/

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
XB curse strikes again. See if the shop will fill the wiper/nozzle holes while there at it! Insurance doesn't have to know. :D

·
RS4 #303
4,900 Posts
ouch

that makes me queasy to see, glad nobody is hurt and it will come back on heads up. gonna be hell waiting though. I'm going crazy waiting to see mine and drive it and mod it w/ stuff been sitting here for 2 months. :rolleyes:
its sad but i noticed that the color flip shows up real good on the wrinkled panels it did so on mine too.

by the way your officially a photobuckit pro now good job :D

·
Registered
614 Posts
:eek: Hope that isn't a total.Seems like xBs that get rear ended get totalled more so than any other hit.Look at that roof bend. Glad no one was hurt.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Waiting is killer

The wait is already killer, I waited over a month to get the penny and now I have to wait who knows how long to get her back :mad: . Steve with your estimate starting out at $5300 and ending with $11000 I am bugging out about mine. The adjuster's first estimate on my car is $8000 I hate to see where the price will end. :eek: THanks for your help with photobucket as well.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Now that is CRAZY! That ***** musta hit you pretty hard to crack and bend the roofline like that. You're looking at A LOT of work there. I can't believe she had the nerve to run after doing THAT. Grrrr, the NERVE of some of these morons out there! Why will the insurance companies finally learn that some people just shouldn't drive?

I hope everything comes out well for you. I am deeply saddened by this, and I will keep your box in my thoughts!

·
Registered
1,985 Posts
Ouch

What is going on with the Penny’s?
I mean how can people miss that color?
Or rather, why DON’T people miss that color. . .

Anyway, glad no one was hurt, please keep us posted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
My Penny is Grounded.

That's it. I've decided to take my penny and put her in the garage / bedroom until the curse is over. Too many 4.0's getting clobbered. I waited months for mine and if some moron hits her. Well let's just say... I run the jail here in town and they would be longtime residents... Believe It !!!! Glad no one was hurt... except the paint.

·
Registered
614 Posts
That's it. I've decided to take my penny and put her in the garage / bedroom until the curse is over. Too many 4.0's getting clobbered. I waited months for mine and if some moron hits her. Well let's just say... I run the jail here in town and they would be longtime residents... Believe It !!!! Glad no one was hurt... except the paint.
I don't drive mine much,my wife and I work together and we ride in her xA most days. But it makes me nervous when somone is even close to the back of mine. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Structural damage

Well, I talked to the insurance adjuster today and he was using buzzwords like significant structural damage and caved in rear right side. He said that they won’t know just how much structural damage there is until they have a clear view of the undercarriage. He was saying that the car was hit so hard everything shifted, like I need to be told that I was in the car. Can they fix significant structural damage? He also said that it if it is fixed it would be in the shop for more than a month.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
damn that hella sucks, glad to hear youre ok, that box looks pretty messed up, hope its fixable

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Honestly, if you have good insurance, I would be hoping for a total. You'll be much happier with a brand new car than a car that has been wrecked so severely.

The nice thing is, I know there are still RS4.0s on lots. Or well, at least as of a week ago around here.

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
There' a BUNCH around here.

I think the biggest issue buyers are having is that they look at the previous RS' and notice they came with a lot more than color shift paint.

I know a few of the sales reps around here aren't impressed with the 4.0 like they were with the envy 3. Something about the lack of sounds...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.