Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i've been busy havin problems with these thing since i got them. i put them on and they were darn close to the fenders. so i got around the block to see how bad the rub would be and it was horrible!!! i shredded the tire goin hella slow. and it tore up the fender!

so i pull in the garage and start hackin away at the fender i cut almost all of the lip off on the fender and it still rubbed. so back on jacks again i now changed the rear springs back to stock and it still rubs on something. i think it may be the plastic sleeve over the rear shock. does any one know if it's necessary? any way heres the pics of the wheels on the car.

·
Registered
827 Posts
mmmmmmm gotta love that lip. Too awesome man.

·
Registered
208 Posts
that's lookin real good!

i hope you get it figured out man, good luck!

·
Registered
612 Posts
What size tires you got on there? They look pretty meaty? Looks nice and mean :) Once you get it all to fit, it's gonna look so awesome! I think rolling your fenders is the best way to go....

I had 16x9 +20 (+30 plus OTG spacer shims) with 205/50 tires. After I had my fenders rolled flat, I had no rubbing even with zero camber.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok quick update. today i'm grinding down the rest of the fender lip. yesterday i put the stock springs on the rear. ( it's looks soooo raked.:D ) and i think the only part still rubbing is the inside of the wheel on the plastic sleeve over the rear shock. luckily i have 5 mm spacers so i'll be putting them on and seeing if the rubbing stops.

astrojr- i should have this all worked out by today and i'll get the boxes for the wheels to and hope to have them headed you way by monday morning. thanks for being patient bro!

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
oops! forgot to answer some questions for you guys. okay the wheels are schmidt monolines in a 16x9 with a 15 offset. so far no spacers just the camber shims. the tires are 225/50 which i now know is too big. i hope to have the fenders rolled soon and eventualy flares.

·
Registered
567 Posts
ahhh ok man, lol, i didnt see that shout out, haah, ya man, good luck and let me know what happens brotha

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ScionScotty said:
looks pretty decent. since you're going with flares, which wheel spacers are you going to use?
i'm guessing i'm going to need 25mm so it will be about flush with the flare. does any one know for sure what i will need?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.