Scion xB Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
Awesome! I've even heard the bazooka tube in our cars and it fills the airspace. Small subs should never be counted out.

·
Regular abUser
2,945 Posts
Heck yeah nice pic, some bump for the trunk. Is that an 8" or 10"?

·
Registered
8,923 Posts
Nice! Are you getting any rattle off the rear door or license plate? If so, you may want to aim that sucker up, I had that problem with my first sub box.

·
*FireWoman*
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think its a 10' sub. And i do get a lot of rattle off the door and the plate, but i put rubber things under the plate so that doesn't rattle at all, just the door. I heard you can't aim the sub up cause it wont work as good??

·
Registered
284 Posts
you may want to try a product called hushmat i think that is the name i believe their web addy is www.hushmat.com i am in the process of finishing sound deading my rear hatch, i just did one layer of dyno mat and now i am doing a layer of hushmat material then i will spray it with noxudol(not sure on the spelling on that one)

·
Registered
63 Posts
thats awesome!i was reading some reviews on some small ones similar to that they were all good i need to go hear them but the ones i was looking at were only in stock across town:( can't wait to get all of my goodies!i want mine to fill the whole trunk but that will be a long time from now unless if i can talk to my fiance into getting my system for my bday which is coming up soon:D

·
I am Sofa King We Todd Ed
3,453 Posts
The subs work fine in any direction except for facing you (unless you have them wired 'backwards') I could go deep into it, but there's literally a million different reasons to have the subs face specific directions. Anyways, facing back is the most 'normal' config and usually is best for most people. Just get yourself a dynamat/fatmat/hushmat....well, anything mat sound damping kit and you'll lose the rattle of the hatch.

·
*FireWoman*
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for all the feedback, I do need to get some kind of "mat" lol back there cause the sound outside of the car sounds like crap, however, inside, can't hear it at all lol. not sure what mod i'm going to do next, therear lights of the cool air intake. lol

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
those Kicker CVRs are the shizz in vented boxes...I have 2 of them in a vented box...the previous model though...

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
i hve one for now, thats all i can handle lol. but it is really good for a little guy! my parents can hear me coming down the street from our house.
I couldnt have it any other way...my parents used to hear my music, until I got my exhaust...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have an Alpine Type-R 12" 2-Ohm dual voice coil. The box is made by Alpine with the port. It's too big to aim back (door won't close), so I had to aim it forward, but it still sounds awesome. I had it in my 1999 Landcruiser and it sounds way better in the box.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a Scosche custom 10" loaded enclosure for sale if anyone's interested. It's brand new, had it in my ride for 2 days before I put my Type-R in. $100.00 + shipping.

·
Ain't too Funk to Druck.
17,243 Posts
lol chromium. the sub is nice too. i wish my sub box was that small, even pointed up i still have rattles on them license plates. i say dynamat. what kind of amp do you have pinknred?

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
what kind of exhaust did you get? i'm looking into getting one but now sure what brand
i wne to a local muffler shop, and they ran 2.25 from just in front of the resonator(which was removed) to a magnaflow can. Alot of people tell me its LOUD...

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.