Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I just posted pics of my new pink stripes and of course. Some girl backs into my rear bumper in of all things a Ford Focus just like my old car that I gladly got rid of. So now she wants to pay cash so her insurance doesn't go up. She is a bad driver apparently. I took her to my hubby's body shop and got a 641.00 estimate. The main damage is to the driver side lip. I called sparks Scion and they don't show the lip as being painted TCM so he dosen't know if it will come in painted or not. Anyone have any idea where I can get a rear lip in TCM? Anyone have one laying around that in perfect condition? Let me know thanks!

·
scikotics
1,005 Posts
Sorry to hear that. Someone backed into mine as well but took off $997.00 damage. I had to pay deduct $250.. There are some bad drivers out there they just don't pay attention. The only ones I've seen do not come painted. Hopefully someone will have one for ya good luck.
Oh yea I forgot to say if you get a new lip you can get it with the cutout and put dual exhaust on it now...:D :D :D

·
Registered
454 Posts
First off let me just say how sorry I am that a bad driver got to your B. Me and a few others have had our own little problems with bad drivers. I would like to also say make them pay through insurance, if it gets bad enough for them it's one less bad driver on the street. Anyhow. . .

When I got rear ended last year I got the same husband story. Make life simple for yourself, go through th insurance. Screw the other people, she might pay but if she doesn't well let's say up the creek without a paddle.

As far as body parts coming painted. No they do not. Everytime I went to a body shop to get an estimate i was told that the part would have to come from the dealership and it would need to be painted. I have my connections to a Toyota/Scion Dealer and even they told me that I would have to get it painted.

Lastly, forget the junkyard angle. All the junkyards in MD, VA, and Washington DC will only sell the complete bumpers assembly. That includes the bumper reinforcement, plastic covers, and some other random body parts. I still haven't fixed my rear bumper and I am still waiting for my check. I got burned so I'm hoping my negative angle will make sure somebody else doesn't get burned.

As far as estimates for damage to the rear bumper, dealer body shop wanted about $500 and the other body shops wanted roughly $800. To be honest after talking with the other body shops, I'd rather pay out the $800 bucks.

·
Registered
485 Posts
im with tony on this one. Go thru her insurance and if she gets effed who cares, you got your car fixed and shes probably gonna pay attention next time shes driving a little bit more...if she is driving.

Dont think your being mean by ignoring her request and going thru her insurance, you just saving someone else a lot of trouble when she does this again. For all you know she may have a previous DUI and this is her last chance...so get rid of her. It may not seem nice, but your doing all drivers a favor

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I'll see how repairing the lip turns out. After all she will pay the estimate but I won't have to pay the labor if the guys help out my husband like he is always helping them. So I may end up with a bit leftover. Should I get taillights (I like the TYC's), seat covers, exhaust or rear spoiler? I won't go nuts and may refund her some for her honesty, she could have taken off. I do however think of it as a penalty since there was no excuse for her bad judgement. My car wasn't moving and the bright pink stripes should have been noticeable enough. Course I haven't gotten her money order yet, she said she would get it to me this week.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
backseatchris said:
im with tony on this one. Go thru her insurance and if she gets effed who cares, you got your car fixed and shes probably gonna pay attention next time shes driving a little bit more...if she is driving.

Dont think your being mean by ignoring her request and going thru her insurance, you just saving someone else a lot of trouble when she does this again. For all you know she may have a previous DUI and this is her last chance...so get rid of her. It may not seem nice, but your doing all drivers a favor
totaly agreed. and since you replacing already go with aftermarket. it'll look better AND someone else is paying for. can't get much better tnan that!

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
backseatchris said:

Well, she seems to have a mental disability and she has had other incidents. I do feel bad for her and she could have taken off. So, I told her to send me a money order this week and got all the info I need if she fails to take care of it. We have been screwed before by uninsured driver and other hit and runs so for her honesty I'll give her a chance.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Hope all things work out, I'm sure you'll be fine but I am a pessimist by nature. lol Didn't you get a front lip already, maybe it's time for a matching rear li! lol

And not to threadjack but where were you on Friday chris?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Ghost_1 said:
Hope all things work out, I'm sure you'll be fine but I am a pessimist by nature. lol Didn't you get a front lip already, maybe it's time for a matching rear li! lol

And not to threadjack but where were you on Friday chris?
No front yet and I only really like the kenstyle but can't afford to do the whole thing so I'm thinking maybe a spoiler or grill and taillights. I hate my seats so seatcovers? I'll have time to ponder this! Here is my car before hit!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
yellow_sub said:
totaly agreed. and since you replacing already go with aftermarket. it'll look better AND someone else is paying for. can't get much better tnan that!
I DID!! I've gotten rear-ended twice (first time-no insurance driver, second time-only insurance through rental none for him personally) and I would HIGHLY recommend going through the insurance. People are always trying to get away with that crap! The first time, I just got my regular bumper put on and the second time I got an aftermarket one put on and I am so glad I did.

Good Luck and I'm sorry to hear about the damage, I hope you get it fixed soon.

·
Registered
19,896 Posts
Scion-Doll said:
I DID!! I've gotten rear-ended twice (first time-no insurance driver, second time-only insurance through rental none for him personally) and I would HIGHLY recommend going through the insurance. People are always trying to get away with that crap! The first time, I just got my regular bumper put on and the second time I got an aftermarket one put on and I am so glad I did.

yeah except tammie now needs air soo she can actualy make it over speed bumps! lol when you gonna do blue stripes?

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Scion-Doll said:

Well, I just put he Money Order in the bank this morning. She must have mailed it the same day so I guess my instinct was right. I ordered the silver leather steering wheel after some price negotiation with my local dealership. I got her a honest estimate, the same as going through insurance but if I can buff the scratches out the repair may cost me little out of pocket. I just hope my paint matches and if it does maybe the front bumper will get done as well.

Thanks for your thoughts, It can be fixed and nobody was hurt so I'm cool with it now. She does need a driving lesson though.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
All the lips and side skirts come painted.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh reeeely! sparks scion said they didn't show a color code after the number. My hubby's shop deals with David Maus toyota in sanford so if they order it and it is unpainted they can send it back. Thanks!!!!!! If I only had enough money to get a kenstyle urethane kit. Oh well.

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Gray (code 1d2) Lower spoiler

R 52161-52120-B0 $100.46
L 52162-52120-B0 $98.17

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
^^^ Yeah, thats an easy fix!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status