Scion xB Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a unique opportunity to do a photoshoot with some friends at the local airfield. A friend of a friend of mine runs a mosquito control business and has a fleet of choppers and a hangar he stores them in so we headded over there for some pics.

I'll start with pics of my xB for now. I'll probably post up some pics of my friends cars later.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
As usuall, the server I am using is a little slow. I don't see all the pics yet so if you don't either, just give it some time.... lol

·
TheOtherGuys
7,988 Posts
Looks real good!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the deal on the wheels Sid.

I wash my car religiously every weekend. I wax it every other time I wash it, and I clay bar it once every other month.

The pics show off the shine, but they hide things as well. There are several rock chipps on the front end. And my paint job on my tail lights really does suck..... lol

Thanks though for the compliments.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks again for all the compliments.

Here are just a small sample of the other pics I took.

My friend, Adam
Hyundai Accent autocross car
-suspension goodies mainly

My friend, John
AMG Mercedes C320 Kompressor
Not much for mods, but that thing is HOT

And the fourth participant, Mike
Mk4 VW Jetta
-Custom built front bumper out of Porsche Cyanne parts
-RH Wheels
-BOV Conversion

And a group shot

·
bB Squad
562 Posts
sliding ragtopp

As usuall, the server I am using is a little slow. I don't see all the pics yet so if you don't either, just give it some time.... lol
i am seriously concidering getting a similar sunroof. Do you like it? would you recommend it? when i call the local installer it was as if he was trying to talk me out of it tell me its really loud and has an extreme amount of wind noise??

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i am seriously concidering getting a similar sunroof. Do you like it? would you recommend it? when i call the local installer it was as if he was trying to talk me out of it tell me its really loud and has an extreme amount of wind noise??
It's a Webasto brand power canvas roof. Don't let the installer talk you out of it.

This roof is of the highest quality. It's isn't just a thin canvas roof like some of the cheaper, larger roofs. This thing is full power and has a couple layers of insulation to keep the noise and the weather out. It has a great warranty as well. It looks great as well and goes well with the headliner on the inside, it looks factory.

Here are some more pics of the sunroof.

It was about $1200 installed.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I made them.

I just looked in the yellow pages for a local plastics place. They had a scrap bin and I got a 3'x5' piece of textured black plastic for about $10 and made them out of that. They are attatched with 3M double-sided tape.

·
Registered Abuser
1,570 Posts
those are some awesome pics. what a cool oppertunity.
quick question about the sunroof. i really like it, where can i find out more details abou tit?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.